Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mad Max: Fury Road

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
A lot of the extras and Warboys etc were Aussies, I did notice a few of them from some of the low budget shows that get done here (The guy Spina Bifida for example).

But the only Aussie that had anything resembling a role was Megan Gale.

I just simply dont get the praise its got. If all your interested in is a bit of face smashing gore and yes, sometimes thats all you want, it fufills that craving. However, other than that, its bland. I honestly, dont have any idea why, they hired Tom Hardy (who wouldnt have been cheap) to play that role. Unless they plan to bring him back for "The Wasteland" and this was a introductory to his charachter.

I did love the cars in it though.

Couple of Aussie throwbacks there with the Bathurst Skyline etc.

After Mad Max 2 it pretty much lost the plot , even Beyond Thunderdome was questionable .,

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
An Australian film , shot in Africa , with a Brit and a South African in the lead roles, and only two Australians in it mmmmmm

Not sure where you get this idea, 2 of the wives are australian, nathan jones (Giant bald guy) Is australian also a former wrestler and strongman. also john howard is in it...who is arguably one of the most widely known australian actors in aus TV. Bullet farmer (Guy with all the guns) Australian.

That's just to mention a few and they're all fairly big roles within the movie.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
One thing that I noticed was the small details that ties with the other films such as the "music box", the tanker chase, turning around on the escape (I think they ran out of road on the 2nd movie). Have anybody noticed the skull with goggles on Nux car? That reminds me the autogyro pilot from the 2nd movie.

I think the Falcon is part of the show and just got destroyed at least 2 times. Perhaps is not the real Max and is that crazy boy from the 2nd movie all grown up. That poor sap all he did was grunt and snark through the 2nd movie, just like "Max" did.

By the way, the vehicle with the guitar and the drums was an awful idea, no practicality whatsoever; total waste.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
One thing that I noticed was the small details that ties with the other films such as the "music box", the tanker chase, turning around on the escape (I think they ran out of road on the 2nd movie). Have anybody noticed the skull with goggles on Nux car? That reminds me the autogyro pilot from the 2nd movie.

I think the Falcon is part of the show and just got destroyed at least 2 times. Perhaps is not the real Max and is that crazy boy from the 2nd movie all grown up. That poor sap all he did was grunt and snark through the 2nd movie, just like "Max" did.

I read nearly all those links to the earlier movies on a website weeks ago... lol

As for the movie, it was ok as a standalone movie but disappointing as a Mad Max movie. Cars were cool though.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
~ Perhaps is not the real Max and is that crazy boy from the 2nd movie all grown up. ~

"The Feral Kid" you mean? The guy who played that part, who was 8 years old at the time, is a jeweler in Sydney now apparently.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Actually one thing I thought was cool but made no difference to the movie is that Immortan Joe is played by the same bloke who played the Toecutter in the first movie.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I thought it was pretty good. Not a movie with a plot that makes you think, but entertaining nonetheless.

I was cacking every time they showed the dude with the guitar and all those massive speakers on the front of that truck. Just so extremely far-fetched that it made me laugh (in a good way).

...And those wives! :love:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
beyond the thunderdome is where mad max went all wrong.

personally i freaking loved fury road. i took the old man to go see it and we were both on edge the whole time. cars were just fascinating to see and the story line i think still ties in well with mad max theme. i will agree the back bone was the only shaky thing. i kinda wished they had of gone into more detail with it.

did i hear wrong when they said tom hardy has already signed up to do more mad maxes?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
The original is still the best! Love it. And not that it had any influence on where we bought a place, but it's nice and makes me smile every time I leave the house and drive where some of it was filmed. :D

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yeah, the Feral Kid.

Another thing that I noticed are the cars itself. Seems to be locked in time what seems to be before the 80s. Not sure but the most moder one was the Falcon. I bet is hard to find one of those Caddies now and in times like that, even harder to even find 2 to weld them together. Funny, no Commodores.

well, that is movie telling and art. Does not need to make sense, just entertain.

Would be nice if Miller makes a movie, just before the debacle.