Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man faces manslaughter charge after shooting intruder in own home.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
its is kind of stupid although i think the cops are only doing what they told by law... someone did die so there needs to be an investigation although in not sure he should be charged

on a lighter note im hoping to have my house (when i get one) surrounded by something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The point is, as stated above, he will most likely be found to have no case to answer when this goes to court. The coppers are just following procedure, it's not within their discretion to decide his guilt or innocence, that's up to the court system, which hopefully will do the right thing.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Yeah but honestly this shouldnt even be a court issue. if someone breaks into YOUR house they are fair game imo.

Need more of this

Last edited by a moderator:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I think its a complete waste of time and resources. To my way of thinking, if you choose to break into someone else's home, then you lose ALL rights. Given that there were four of them, and one of him and that both them and him were armed, it was either going to be them or him, with them having the advantage, given safety in numbers and all. Even though yes, he did kill someone, I still think its a complete waste of time and resources taking this to court.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
I think its a complete waste of time and resources. To my way of thinking, if you choose to break into someone else's home, then you lose ALL rights. Given that there were four of them, and one of him and that both them and him were armed, it was either going to be them or him, with them having the advantage, given safety in numbers and all. Even though yes, he did kill someone, I still think its a complete waste of time and resources taking this to court.

if im not mistaken in the states if one of the criminal cohorts your robbing a house with is killed by the owner, you and all the other participants will be charged with felony murder. dosent matter if you didnt actually kill him, even if hes your brother, if he is killed as a result of your committing a felony you and they are getting charged.... and the owner doesnt so much as see the inside of a cop car.... its the exact opposite of here.... lol

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
I think its a complete waste of time and resources. To my way of thinking, if you choose to break into someone else's home, then you lose ALL rights.
Ill take this process thanks. You really wouldn’t want to live in a country where you “lose all rights”. The law is not black and white and situations can present where you may be on the end of something you weren’t guilty of. The facts need to come out and if they are what they appear, what the defendant claims, I am sure “justice” will prevail. And make no mistake I would defiantly defend my house and family the same way.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Yeah but honestly this shouldnt even be a court issue. if someone breaks into YOUR house they are fair game imo.

Hi TVR, I know we haven't always got on but I want to make things right. Come around for a beer and check out the bonnet scoop I have for my vn, about 11pm, yep, see ya mate. 11:15, boom! F'aeiou'cking home invader! See why it should be a court issue?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Our legal system requires that cases of this nature be heard in court and determined by a jury of our peers. It's not the job of the cops to determine who is right and who is wrong - they have to investigate, assemble the facts, prepare a court brief and present it. The victim in this case still has to be charged to enable the court case to proceed. Yeah, it sounds wrong, but would you really want the police to have to decide "yes" or "no" in serious matters like this?

The victom won't be found guilty - a similar case in Brisbane a few years back, when an old bloke shot a young intruder armed with a piece of timber, saw the victim found not guilty on the grounds of self defence and that's probably how this case will go too.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Bottom line is, he has to go through court. Its not really something the cops can treat with discretion. I do feel sorry for the guy who shot the intruder mainly because I'm under the impression he didn't want to kill him based on where he was shot. Instinct for me would be to aim for the chest, not the leg.