Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manifold insulator for 2009 3.6L LY7

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
I am trying to decide on whether to get the 12mm or the 25mm insulator for my 2009 Calais V sportwagon which has the 3.6L LY7 motor.

I am looking to improve the low end power of the motor so that it is more settled when driving on the highway and hopefully improve its fuel economy.

I found the test data for the 12mm insulator on the mace website but could not find any comparison data for the 25mm.

Can anyone help shed some light on this it would be much appreciated

Daniel

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"I am trying to decide on whether to get the 12mm or the 25mm insulator for my 2009 Calais V sportwagon which has the 3.6L LY7 motor.
I am looking to improve the low end power of the motor so that it is more settled when driving on the highway and hopefully improve its fuel economy.
I found the test data for the 12mm insulator on the mace website but could not find any comparison data for the 25mm.
Can anyone help shed some light on this it would be much appreciated"
There is about 3-4% difference in down low torque between 12mm and 25mm. You will not be able to retain your stock engine covers with the 25MM however. To be 100% sure please take some measurements as every vehicle is slightly different.

To give you an idea about fitment, please refer to the links below:

Holden Alloytec VZ - VE V6

MANIFOLD INSULATOR VZ-VE ALLOYTEC - Mace Engineering Group

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Jason

MACE

Reaction score
"Thanks for that Jason"
No problems :)

"Do you by any chance have any comparison charts between the 2 insulator sizes so I can decide which one would suit my needs best?"
Unfortunately, not at this point in time. However, if you're after more bottom end torque and quicker take offs, we'd highly recommend opting for the 25MM manifold insulator.

Kindest Regards,
Damo

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
Thanks Damo

I have done some further research and found my VE is 9.5 build so according to your site the 25mm kit wont fit so ill have to go with the 12mm kit.

Thanks For your help

Daniel

MACE

Reaction score
"I have done some further research and found my VE is 9.5 build so according to your site the 25mm kit wont fit so ill have to go with the 12mm kit."
That's true but we always recommend double checking space available as not all the vehicles are same. For further information, please refer to the link below:

Holden Alloytec VZ - VE V6

"Thanks For your help"
No problems, happy to help :)

Kind Regards,
Jason