Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Map & Firmware Updates For Holden IQ?

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Hi All

As my ute is now over 2 years old (From manufacture) I figured it's time to update the map & hopefully there will be a firmware update to fix some of the IQ systems quirks.

I have no doubt that Holden will want to charge an arm & a leg for it, so I wanted to see if anyone out there has updated their maps etc before? Also, if there any other way to do it then via a dealer?

In my EVO, owners were rather generous in providing copies of the latest map updates which also included firmware updates every so often. Pretty sure the IQ system doesn't run the map off a disc, but I'm hoping a techie out there may have found a way around it.

Cheers
Matt

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Hi All

As my ute is now over 2 years old (From manufacture) I figured it's time to update the map & hopefully there will be a firmware update to fix some of the IQ systems quirks.

I have no doubt that Holden will want to charge an arm & a leg for it, so I wanted to see if anyone out there has updated their maps etc before? Also, if there any other way to do it then via a dealer?

In my EVO, owners were rather generous in providing copies of the latest map updates which also included firmware updates every so often. Pretty sure the IQ system doesn't run the map off a disc, but I'm hoping a techie out there may have found a way around it.

Cheers
Matt

Not sure if it's any help, but the IQ system uses Whereis maps and they are stored on an SD card.

I've not heard of any other way to update the maps, besides a dealer, unfortunately.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Last update released for it AFIK was Feb 2012.

They are classed as a factory recall and automatically installed when you car goes to a dealer for service. As they are classed as a factory recall, there is no reason that you or your mechanic couldn't call Holden and get a copy sent out to install for you.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
Last update released for it AFIK was Feb 2012.

They are classed as a factory recall and automatically installed when you car goes to a dealer for service. As they are classed as a factory recall, there is no reason that you or your mechanic couldn't call Holden and get a copy sent out to install for you.

unfortunately its not that simple.
the whole IRC needs to be reprogrammed on TIS2WEB and then setup according to the cars features.
the only aftermarket scan tool capable of that is the newest snapon tools which not alot of places have.

mind you, just say that your bluetooth drops out while driving and it will be updated under warranty, easiest way to get it done

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
So aside from having a map that is newer then what I currently have, has there been any improvements to the system in the latest update?

the whole IRC needs to be reprogrammed on TIS2WEB and then setup according to the cars features.
the only aftermarket scan tool capable of that is the newest snapon tools which not alot of places have.

mind you, just say that your bluetooth drops out while driving and it will be updated under warranty, easiest way to get it done

Since the car is going in on Thursday (Exhaust it rattling when cold & some line is hanging down under the car), I might try that... I know that no map is perfect, but the current map likes to say it's in Sylvania when it's really in St Peters :p I thought that was pretty poor.

There is a guy on this forum called "doubledip" he can do all the IQ work and has the latest map updates, shoot him a PM.

This is his website also. And he is in Sydney. Ultimate Conversion Wiring - Home

Ultimate Conversion Wiring - Home

Will most certainly give him a go is Boonz's suggestion doesn't work.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior

programming the Unit with TIS2WEB will not update the Maps at all... you need to purchase a new SD Card with the Maps on it

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
are the SD cards available through anyone besides Holden and how current is the map update

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
MY12 is latest. And if you speak to the right people you will find the update will be sold for far less

Last edited:

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
^^^

Can you hook us up mate? ;) I'm sure there's a few of us that are keen on getting the Map update done.