Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
It would be nice to get it cammed, but if i were it would only be a small cam. It's my daily drive and i don't want to send the fuel usage through the roof. In the near future i will probably get the front bar resprayed followed by a paint correction and a coat of opti-coat to protect the paint. I got a 4 year extended warranty on my car through Allianz so i'm not really keen on voiding that too soon either, so a few mods will have to wait, but i may get impatient and get an OTR and tune sometime next year.

Still want the side indicators chromed too, but that's a low priority.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
could still get a mafless tune with factory air intake like me, and you would get around 230rwkw standard you probably have about 175rwkw

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
It would be nice to get it cammed, but if i were it would only be a small cam. It's my daily drive and i don't want to send the fuel usage through the roof. In the near future i will probably get the front bar resprayed followed by a paint correction and a coat of opti-coat to protect the paint. I got a 4 year extended warranty on my car through Allianz so i'm not really keen on voiding that too soon either, so a few mods will have to wait, but i may get impatient and get an OTR and tune sometime next year.

Still want the side indicators chromed too, but that's a low priority.

Aw yer sounds good man don't wanna fist losing the warranty that's for sure, more time for you to plan and save anyways for what exactly you think would be best for you :) yes you have to get the chrome flutes thay go well with the black cars, and you already have the window surround so will blend in nicely :)

Cheers scott

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
could still get a mafless tune with factory air intake like me, and you would get around 230rwkw standard you probably have about 175rwkw

Fark, i hope it would be more than 175rwkw standard :/ Thinking of going either Morpowa or Willall

Last edited:

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Iv got dyno sheets for my clubby when it was first tuned and standard it put out 210rwkw and after a mafless tune, otr and exhurst it went up to 266rwkw

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
was just a guess, alot of people said when ls1 stocko they have about 175/180rwkw? How much have you been quoted?

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
was just a guess, alot of people said when ls1 stocko they have about 175/180rwkw? How much have you been quoted? my bad as well, didn't realize yours was LS2 anyway haha.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Haven't really got any quotes yet, it's still a while away before i'll get it done. I think i'm set on getting a plastic VCM OTR now, been tossing up between that and a Ramjet. Haha yep LS2, that's one of the main reasons i went VZ over VY. Does anyone recommend any good tuners in Adelaide? Down south would be nice, I'm close to Lonsdale but i don't really know if any of the places have a good reputation etc. Kinda want to keep my car in good hands :p