Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Gave the car a wash again tonight and while i was at i decided to fix up those dull stock exhaust tips. I don't know if it was black paint or years of build up of exhaust fumes but i had to break out the 320 grit and 1200 grit sand paper to get them clean followed by a nice polish with autosol metal polish. I reckon they look a lot better now :)

Attachments

• IMAG1104_small.jpg
    IMAG1104_small.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 487
  • IMAG1102_small.jpg
    IMAG1102_small.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 444

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Decided to paint my front wheel hubs today. They looked really ugly and rusted so now they're a nice gloss black! Also installed LED's throughout the interior and did the rear number plates too. It has just made me realise how dirty my front passenger seat it :/

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 471
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 492
  • after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 417
  • light1.jpg
    light1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 417
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 484
  • light3.jpg
    light3.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 439

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I picked up some VX Calais chrome window surrounds and gutters this arvo and fitted them tonight so it breaks up the black a bit. Only got a night shot at the moment so i'll get some during the day tomorrow.

**Added some day photos**

Attachments

• surround2.jpg
    surround2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 433
  • surround3.jpg
    surround3.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 482
  • surround4.jpg
    surround4.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I decided to install my amp and speakers over the weekend after i was initially going to get someone else to do them but i figured i'd give it a crack first. $120 later compared to the $500 odd i was going to pay and i'm pretty happy with it! :)
It's all running off the stock head unit for now, but i might get an aftermarket one a bit later down the track. For now its running Polk MOMO MMC650 6.5" in the front doors and Polk MOMO MMC690 6x9" in the rear parcel shelf running off a JayCar Precision Response 4x100W RMS amp. Definitely sounds a lot better than the stock speakers.

I'll probably end up dynamatting the front doors a bit later on too, just kind of saving for other things right now. Just the one photo for now because there isn't really much else to see, i just need to rearrange the amp and wiring a little bit.

Attachments

• mmc690.jpg
    mmc690.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 413

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Hey, just a bit of an update because it's been a while. Not a lot has been happening over the past few months besides washing it every weekend (got to love black cars) and just having to have the aircon fixed because i had a fine crack in one of the pipes and all my coolant leaked out. I'm also pretty keen to get the front bar resprayed at some point because there are a hell of a lot of stone chips in it from the previous owner and it looks like it has been sprayed once before too.

Now onto the good news, i bought myself a Xmas present in the form of a Manta exhaust from Not_An_Abba_Fan. It took a little longer to get here than expected due to a few little hiccups but i couldn't be happier and i hope to get it installed soon. I managed to get a set of 4-1 extractors pretty cheap off ebay and Naaf supplied the cats and the rest of the system :) Hope to get it installed in a few days and then a OTR and tune in the near future.

Also, pics

Clean car

You can see a few of the front bar chips and scratches here

close ups, i don't know how the previous owners managed to get them up there :hmmm:

..and the ugly part

centre section of my exhaust

and the rest all tucked away in my boot. If you look closely below the inside of the right tail light you can see where i scratched the rear bar putting it in the boot. major fail :doh:

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Exhaust is looking tasty.

Shame about all that stone damage to ur front bar. A repray will be awesome.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Angeldust

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z series Clubsport HRT edition
man u gotta love the VZ... not sure about you, but i would be keeping it as stock as possible, just a few tastefull mods etc, with Holden gone, there's going to be a cheap v8 shortage in the next decade. HSV's are just too good to just chop up/throw away bits etc. For example, if i were out looking to buy one of these i would want the suspension to be as stock as possible to the original clubbie spec (how do you know that the aftermarket crap thats been fitted to one actually makes it better handling then the original HSV item? etc).