Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Bought a VZ Calais chrome bonnet strip off of ebay. It's ever so slightly different to the HSV one but you can't really tell. The HSV one just wraps under the bonnet a little more.

Here are a few shitty phone photos.

Thoughts?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
looks ok mark,personally I would keep her all black except for a few badges but its your choice lol

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I like a little bit of chrome to break up the black a bit. Only other thing that i would like chrome are the little rails on the guard indicators like the senator has. Genuine Senator ones are hard to find and are really expensive so i'm thinking maybe wrapping to see what it looks like, but thats if i can manage to work out how to remove them from the car. Maybe later on down the track i might get them chrome plated because im sure that will still be cheaper than genuine senator ones.

Also looking to buy some of the stainless steel scuff plates for all 4 doors. Not sure if its worth the ~$200 though!

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
I'm not a big fan of chrome but that suits it really well and looks great.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Bought a VZ Calais chrome bonnet strip off of ebay. It's ever so slightly different to the HSV one but you can't really tell. The HSV one just wraps under the bonnet a little more.

Here are a few shitty phone photos.

Thoughts?

Looks good although am biased.
Did the same on my senator so I could put the genuine HSV painted one away, just in case.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I'm not a big fan of chrome but that suits it really well and looks great.
Yeah nah can't stay I like the chrome on a clubby. Wrecks the tough as fk/I will eat you look.
Yeah, i'm not 100% on it yet either. It's just nice to try a few different things to see how it goes. I figure it takes literally 2 mins to swap it over and there is always someone looking to buy the chrome strip if i end up wanting to sell it.

anything with hsv on it is always worth a premium lol
Yeah you're right about that. It's kind of why i only change a few little things on my car than can easily be reversed. I was dead set on getting quad tips for my exhaust because i love the look of them, but at the end of the day i didn't really want to hack up the genuine rear bar!

Looks good although am biased.
Did the same on my senator so I could put the genuine HSV painted one away, just in case.
Yep, i noticed if there is any item from a senator it generally costs a lot more. I was temped to get a senator, but i really love the front bar on the clubsport and i'm not really a fan of leather, but as you've probably noticed i do love the chrome accents that the senator has.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
I think i've mentioned it before, but here is the reason i can't really lower my car at all :(

I've actually scraped a few times when i've gone up the driveway too quickly.

Hey mate hard to tell in the pic but looks like there is a bit of a dip in your driveway (where your back wheel is sitting). Just a tip it may or may not help but get a length of timber to lay down in that dip and should help with clearance a little bit. I have a very steep driveway and thats what ive done on mine and gave me an extra 2" clearance when going up the driveway.

Sexy looking car btw. VZ is definately my favourite shape.