Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mercedes-Benz cracks down on illegal 300 SL replica bodies

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
For some people it doesn't matter how hard they work, they will never be able to afford a 300 SL gullwing.

Then they should never buy one, or a replica. Simple.

So the GT40 replica I'm building should be crushed because I can't afford the 3million dollar price tag of a concourse original?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 3,027
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 4,123

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
I LOVE this approach...

I mean FFS, if you want a certain car - BUY THAT CAR!!! Don't do a cheesy knock off and pretend your car is something it's not. If you can't afford the car you want, WORK HARDER!!! Or buy a different car that you can afford.

lol, this coming from the guy having a sook that camaros "are took expensive"

you got any clue what an original 300SL is worth? if this was YOUR car of choice, then itll be all "boo hoo i cant afford a car that i like and now they are destroying replicas"

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
I LOVE this approach...

I mean FFS, if you want a certain car - BUY THAT CAR!!! Don't do a cheesy knock off and pretend your car is something it's not. If you can't afford the car you want, WORK HARDER!!! Or buy a different car that you can afford.

you got any clue what an original 300SL is worth? if this was YOUR car of choice, then itll be all "boo hoo i cant afford a car that i like and now they are destroying replicas"

Exactly, I remember that dribble. Bloody hypocrite.. Jog on Rufys

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
If only the car manufacterer that are having their car models copied and sold as cheap knock-offs in China could be dealt with similarly. I can understand a replica, but I can't understand a cheap knock off.
mercedes-c-vs-geely-merrie-300-proto.jpg

smart-vs-chinese-smart.jpg

honda-crv-vs-laibao-srv.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I LOVE this approach...

Meh - I don't have any problem making replicas of old designs that have been out of production for decades and would happily own a GT40 or AC Cobra replica any day. To me, putting one of those old classic bodies on a modern chassis & drivetrain would be just about the ultimate.

Reaper

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So the GT40 replica I'm building should be crushed because I can't afford the 3million dollar price tag of a concourse original?

A mate of mine has a GT replica - magnificent thing. I'd be interested to see a thread of your build. Pretty sure many others would be too.

Reaper

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina

A mate of mine has a GT replica - magnificent thing. I'd be interested to see a thread of your build. Pretty sure many others would be too.

Reaper

+1 i wouldn't mind to see how thats going to go together.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Well I would say crush it if those images were actually photos of your build that you had taken.

Maybe you fly your private jet to and from the build to take photos?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I can certainly understand why people on this forum don't like you.

You really think I give a flying #### what people think of me on an online forum? :rofl:

Yes. Absolutely. It's not going to be real. Just another fake. *yawn*

Nope - not me. Never had a sook they were too expensive. Expressed how pissed off I was that something that's sub $40,000 in the USA is $100,000+ in Australia (which is still ridiculous). But you keep being wrong if that's what you like.