Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Michael Schumacher in coma....

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
yeh such a pity.. I sincerely hope he fully recovers but fear this wont end well.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Remember when Richard Hammond had his accident , he was in bad way for a while but eventually did make a recovery , but it was a long and slow process , I hope Michael Schumacher does make come back from this .

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
love or hate the brand of racing,the man is a car racing LEGEND,no question... no I don't really recall what even happened to Richard Hammond,might google it as you've got me curious lol

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
saw a report in the New Zealand Herald , that the next 48 hrs are crucial to whether he pulls through or not , danger is he may have permanent brain damage . I can't imagine what his wife and family must be going through right now , they'll will have some hard decisions to make if the worst case scenario happens .

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
saw a report in the New Zealand Herald , that the next 48 hrs are crucial to whether he pulls through or not , danger is he may have permanent brain damage . I can't imagine what his wife and family must be going through right now , they'll will have some hard decisions to make if the worst case scenario happens .

yes,has had a second brain operation already as well(bleeding on both sides of the brain)..really bloody sad and distressing for his family no doubt.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
witness's report the helmet split in two on impact and was full of blood,not looking very good at all,i never liked the man but admired his ability behind the wheel,i hope for his family's sake he improves or goes quickly,not being nasty just being a realist

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
German neurosurgeons (not related to Schumachers case) have spoken to German media. Much speculation from medical community that since he has now been in an induced coma for two weeks, Schumacher may never wake up. Doctors working on the case remain tight-lipped.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
yes I heard that to,they are saying there is no improvement in his condition but will be left in an induced coma for the time being,i believe he will be given till the end of the month then his wife and kids will have a decision to make regarding turning off life support unfortunately

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I just like how other brands in f1 have been apparently banning their drivers from competing in other activities.
this was a freak accident, so to ban others from being able to do something other then just drive seems a bit poor.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I just like how other brands in f1 have been apparently banning their drivers from competing in other activities.
this was a freak accident, so to ban others from being able to do something other then just drive seems a bit poor.

That has been happening for years, they see it as protecting their investment.

It's fairly common for a lot of top sport starts who have contracts with teams etc to have limits when it comes to extreme sports.

You have to remember that with sports like F1, cars are designed with the driver in mind so substituting in a different driver at the last minutes doesn't necessarily work to well.