Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Microphone and wiring missing from Omega VE MY10?

ondnet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega MY10
Hi... I recently purchased a 2009 Omega VE MY10 model. After reading the thread here, I purchased a Bluetooth module installed it under the glovebox. Now I can see this model on my phone and allow me to make call, as mentioned in this forum it doesnt allow me to pair music. The only problem I have is when I call anyone they can't hear me.
So I removed interior light assembly and noticed that microphone is not there and cannot see any wiring also.
Can anyone pls suggest me how do I do the wiring? I had a look at the wrecker cars and found out that it is a bit hard to remove the clip for the sunshade, if i remove it I may not be able to put the same one back becuase it doesnt have a screw. The reason i would like to remove is that I want to check is there any wiring inside folded?

I am very new to this thread and not so mechanical or dont have any electrical experience. Pls be nice and gentle with me.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Best off buying a wiring loom and calais level dome light assembly , the loom runs from the back of the dash under the windscreen to the light. This will give you spotlights and *should* give you a microphone....depends how stingy Holden were with copper.

ondnet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega MY10
Best off buying a wiring loom and calais level dome light assembly , the loom runs from the back of the dash under the windscreen to the light. This will give you spotlights and *should* give you a microphone....depends how stingy Holden were with copper.
Thank you Cewing. Does it mean this model doesn't have prewiring for the mic and need to do from scratch?

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Thank you Cewing. Does it mean this model doesn't have prewiring for the mic and need to do from scratch?
Seems so....There are 3 parts, the internal wiring from the bluetooth system to the dash plug (base of windscreen), the patch to the roof light, and the light/sunglasses unit itself...we know the microphone doesn't exist, I'd guess the patch wire is required(upgrade to a higher spec one and get spotties whilst you're at it) and I'd assume the internal wiring exists....but i can't confirm.

Another issue is programming, I don't know whether it's plug and play. Have a read of the forums, I'm sure you're not the first.

I base all my info on the fact that I replaced my patch cable to allow for spotlights

ondnet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega MY10
Seems so....There are 3 parts, the internal wiring from the bluetooth system to the dash plug (base of windscreen), the patch to the roof light, and the light/sunglasses unit itself...we know the microphone doesn't exist, I'd guess the patch wire is required(upgrade to a higher spec one and get spotties whilst you're at it) and I'd assume the internal wiring exists....but i can't confirm.

Another issue is programming, I don't know whether it's plug and play. Have a read of the forums, I'm sure you're not the first.

I base all my info on the fact that I replaced my patch cable to allow for spotlights
Thank you... I have only fitted bluetooth module under glovebox with the white connecter and already got the microphone from one of the wrecker. When I remove the driver side interior panel I cant see that wiring for microphone. I guess this is he one you mentioned as "the patch to the roof light". Where is the other end is connected to? I have already got the microphone. Will be much helpfull if someone have a picture of it. Pls help

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Thank you... I have only fitted bluetooth module under glovebox with the white connecter and already got the microphone from one of the wrecker. When I remove the driver side interior panel I cant see that wiring for microphone. I guess this is he one you mentioned as "the patch to the roof light". Where is the other end is connected to? I have already got the microphone. Will be much helpfull if someone have a picture of it. Pls help

I think you need to remove the trim right below the windscreen on the right hand side, it's a long horizontal piece. This is where your lighting loom connects. If someone can confirm this is where the microphone goes too that would be great.
.I can't remember whether the microphone uses the lighting or a seperate cable.I'd check in my car but I'm overseas.

ondnet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega MY10
I think you need to remove the trim right below the windscreen on the right hand side, it's a long horizontal piece. This is where your lighting loom connects. If someone can confirm this is where the microphone goes too that would be great.
.I can't remember whether the microphone uses the lighting or a seperate cable.I'd check in my car but I'm overseas.
Hi cewing,
Microphone cable runs separately along with the light cable. I will have a look. Thank you