Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

misfire again

petergl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore super 6
I have what sounds to be another misfire in my vt super 6. I have recently got car serviced. Super charger gasket head gaskets. New original leads and plugs. Coolant, oil and filter. All hoses and new radiator. I have got the car back from mechanics and have had it for about a week and it's starting to misfire. Any ideas guys

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Check to make sure all your leads are on properly, if that fails, maybe just take it back to the mechanic that worked on it and get them to fix it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Asking the mechanics to look at it again wouldn't hurt. Things to check otherwise would be things such as plug gaps. I'd also recommend cleaning the MAF as this can effect the AFR's which can cause a lean condition. Also, i can't remember but i think we mentioned checking/changing the O2 sensors in another thread if they are old

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
what plugs are ya putting in it and what gap they set at???? ' ya not putting the 'cooler heat range' ones in it are ya???

and im guessing you've try'd coil's and dfi already??