Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Mummified woman undiscovered for 6 years"

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Mummified woman undiscovered for six years

In America but nonetheless there are some seriously disturbing lack of "care" issues within this story...

Employer "last heard from her in September 2008" wtf??? "oh well,it seems Pia's not coming to work ever again but as we don't give a continental,have HR hire a replacement".

Neighbour continued to mow her lawns to keep the place tidy...after one report of concern in 2007 the plod could find nothing untoward..no further follow up or concern in 7 years by anyone.

Mail collected by the post office for years apparently,so no-one thought to raise a concern when there were hundreds of uncollected letters?

What about family?? some chance her parents were deceased also I guess but surely she was missed by some family member,somewhere?

Nope,not one person gave a $%&* until the bank went chasing their overdrawn account money.

Woody_SS

Defective User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Which bank waits 7years to chase money ? Sign me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Ever felt unloved and worthless? Stop paying your taxes and/or mortgage. Then people will be very interested in your whereabouts and activity!

This is increasingly common. They have found skeletons lying on sofas, TV still blaring away.....its what happens when we as a society start caring way more about ourselves than those around us.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
That's sad , but it does happen , I can recall , going into a elderly mans house who had not been seen for 6 months by his neighbors , not a pretty sight , nor a pretty smell either . In this day and age , looking out for people is seriously a skill that is lacking . Even his family were not overly concerned that dear old dad hadn't been in touch .

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
I remember watching an episode of Hoarders, when they cleaned the old lady's house out, in one of the rooms they found her husbands remains under a pile of junk, they couldn't figure out if he died and she kept piling crap on him to bury him, or if the pile collapsed on him and he couldn't get out, he'd been under there for 4 years and would have been 82 when he died.