Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 05 vz clubsport, manual, NOW 427ci STROKED LS3 underway!!! Massive cam, forged etc

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Well not much has been done lately to the clubby but iv started doing a few little things to it to just keep it looking tidy! Iv replaced the fuel leaver cable as it had seized up from not being used much I think, that was a fun job pulling the hole interior apart just to re run the new cable haha over the next few weeks I plan to get a few things done

- full polish and a wax using the new burson stuff I picked up
- I need to re paint the mesh in the front bar gloss black as it has chipped of in parts from stone chips etc
- while the front bar is off I plan on getting some hids for the foggies so there all matching with the high/ low beams!

And iv got an idear I want to try to see if it looks any good with the front bar, I'm thinking of running a subtle badge on the front mesh kinda like how the new VF ss have a ls3 badge on the front to one side but with somthing that gives a hint it's not just a 6L to anyone with a keen eye!

Here's a pic I stole of were I kinda want to fit the badge, what do you's think? Won't be Hsv tho something like the new ls3 badge or 7.0L in chrome.

Cheers Scott

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Almost a sad day! It's almost clicked over 80,000ks :( that means in 2 years of owning it iv done only 12,000ks n had to put a hole new built engine in it! Lol lucky I love it!

Cheers Scott

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
12000kms in that in 2 years? *gasps*

instead of the 7.0 badge or similar, what about the cubic inch number?
ie if it is 427, then a 427 badge.
maybe even on the back where they put the 297 badge, make that the cubic inch size ;)

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Yer I did think about the 427 badge aswell but we're your talking about putting it is were they always have the kw badge so idk if ppl would just think it means 427 kw not the ci hay,