Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My cammed VY

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Nah its one like his one
If it all goes to plan therell be 2 clubbys in the shed yew

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Well been a long time since an update, didnt end up buying the clubby as it sold a few days before i went to have a look at it.

Never mind, just saved myself 15k lol, thinking of getting a bit more use out of the ol' girl til i get off my greens

As for new mods, i was thinking of investing in a stroker kit from C.O.M.E racing and raising the compression to squeeze a lil more cubes in there and make a bit more hp.

Also thinking of having my gbox rebuilt with different ratio gears as i can barely use 1st gear (unless its a wet day and i want t have some fun) and the other 4 gears are fairly short due to the 3.89 diff, making the gears taller should solve my issues with the revving i think :)

Thoughts?

maybe down the track if i cant afford v8 insurance/fuel etc ill go twin turbo and see how it holds up ;)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Honestly I think your plans aren't 200% thought through... Don't get me wrong I like where your heads at but I'd do it differently.

If you want longer gears lower your diff ratio.. Custom box will just be a pain and money down the drain.

Stroker kits are cool and all but dollar per hp psi wins every single time on the ecotecs! For less money you could get a twin throttle body manifold and a raptor supercharger from Mrc performance and maintain better fuel economy, drivability and it would take half the time to install.

Just my 2c though champ:)

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
why money down the drain?

Yeah might be better getting onto a raptor/vortech sc kit instead hey considering the better power gain for only slightly more cash

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Cheers Kirstdave

When dad gets some spare time im gonna get some good flicks of both his (VY 2 SE Clubby) and mine together with front/rear/side/interior shots

:thumbsup:

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
I meant it in the sense it's cheaper just to swap your diff out if u think it's too steep than get a custom box.

And yea big psi FTW;)

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
true but i think i might leave it for now and down the track if im not going to do runs down at WSID il go back to a 3.45 ratio

yep FI is the plan ;)

new tune from Nigel is in and fkkk mee! heaps more torque, idk what he changed , but its crazy good now.

Stoked :)