Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] My families safety

Frank Bichomalo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
I have a VF SSV redline that I enjoy and love but the fact that the steering has locked up whilst driving several times with my wife driving and the kids in the car is scary. I've returned the car several times and because the problem doesn't reoccur whilst with the dealer they insist it is not a problem. The problem is real and the fact that it is not being recognized is alarming. I'm desperate. Where can go to get some reaction?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have a VF SSV redline that I enjoy and love but the fact that the steering has locked up whilst driving several times with my wife driving and the kids in the car is scary. I've returned the car several times and because the problem doesn't reoccur whilst with the dealer they insist it is not a problem. The problem is real and the fact that it is not being recognized is alarming. I'm desperate. Where can go to get some reaction?

The owners manual in your glovebox sets out a clear path to take when you don't get sarisfaction from the dealer.

Take those directions before contemplating any other course.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unfortunatley, part of the problem is, to recognise a problem, it first has to occur to the other party, so they can diagnoise it and plot the course of action to solve it.

I agree the issue you have is down right dangerous, so don't think I am defending the dealership, but unfortunately in the world of mechanics, to fix a problem, firstly the mechanic has to first experience the problem first hand, to fix it.....

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
In the past when I have had intermittent issues, I have mounted my GoPro inside the car and just let it record a loop, when the fault occurs, save the footage and show the dealer. Make sure the wife screams with panic if it happens.
My issue was not nearly as bad as this, it was with strange things happening with heated mirrors moving themselves.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I would ring Holden head office direct with a serious fault like that, back when I bought my VX SS brand new I had a few issues and rang Holden and they opened up a case file and sent a district area manager out to the dealership to have a look at the problem, I was there with the area manager and the service manager and the district area manager from Holden decided on what the best option was.