Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new black vy ss

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Must be 35%'s car still looks good sitting the whey it does are those SL's or lower?. Question for you since you have a Ramjet do you reckon it was worth it?. Just trying to decide if i should look in to getting one down the track.I have a Kingdragon Air filter in the stock box at the moment.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Well I was deciding between a ramjet, duspeed and vcm. I have seen all 3, the duspeed is really nice looking but is not central to the throttle body, so I didn't like it. Vcm looks good in pics but looks pretty ugly in person. Ramjet looks good, is symmetrical and I like the way it picks the air up. Not to mention I bought it for 400 brand new.

I did have to modify the opening with a 1cm wide 4 inch stainless pipe because it collapsed but it's a good unit all round. I think the end of the day, they more likely produce the same power, it comes down to how you like the look of the otr

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Was thinking of Ramjet so i don't have to rush and get a mafless tune done right away. Yeah the air pickup is great the plastic is a bit of worry but the il just do what you did where it collapsed or sort something out.Was the mafless tune a big difference or you cant really notice it ?Sorry for all the questions bro but thanks for the info.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Definitely a difference getting the mafless tune. Better throttle response, better driving, it was nearly as noticeable as having put my charger on my sv6 lol

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Sweet thanks for that il add it to my to do list whats next for you ride?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Not sure what's next yet, was thinking maybe fix the tint at some stage, trying to get the engine bay looking cleaner and possible cam and springs in the future, see how the vf looks before I spend any more money haha

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Have been mucking around with the car lately, so have some new news, took the car to willowbank on Wednesday and pulled a 13.2 at 107mph. Pretty good considering its just exhaust, intake and tune.

Also been playing with carbon fibre wrap and done my dash. Here's a sneak look at the progress

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377379927.072128.jpg

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Cheers mate, I think it looks good with the black