Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VY SS Ute formerly 'V8HULK'

BRYCE

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Thought I would share some pics of my latest purchase. This is my first manual, first V8 and I'm stoked to say the least. Had to save for a while to afford it as I'm only 20 and going to uni, but its a passion and I can't think of anything I'd rather spend my money on.

2002 VY SS Ute M6. 117kms, and has been well loved for its entire life, its in such an awesome condition :) Colour has been coined by my cousin as 'Hectic Green' (heh heh)
Its got a few goodies as well:
Maloo kit, exhaust, headers, 3.9 gears, different air intake forget what brand... Its pretty low, but airbags on the back which are currently leaking so I might see about getting it fixed and raising the back a bit for practicality.
The number plates were V8HULK and were signed by Eric Bana, but I couldn't cop the 620 dollars to put them on the car for another year unfortunately.

So here it is, my dream car, a boyhood fantasy turned reality. Looking forward to building a healthy and intimate relationship with her. car 5.jpgcar 4.jpgcar 3.jpgcar 2.jpgcar 1.jpg

BRYCE

Reaction score
The guy I bought it off told me it was tuned (He reckons it was close to 300kw - perhaps at the fly? perhaps dreaming..) anyway its a bigmouth cold air induction.
My oil smells very fuel-y which could be because of short trips... but my question is:

Is it worth switching to a otr cai and doing an updated, mafless tune?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
The guy I bought it off told me it was tuned (He reckons it was close to 300kw - perhaps at the fly? perhaps dreaming..) anyway its a bigmouth cold air induction.
My oil smells very fuel-y which could be because of short trips... but my question is:

Is it worth switching to a otr cai and doing an updated, mafless tune?

yes and yes mate, good otr with mafless tune should make a nice difference

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
from what I have told yes the otr will make a big difference,300 at the fly would be correct imo with a tune,did he have a print out to confirm otherwise its just heresay if you know what I mean,the maf vers mafless debate has been going on for ages and depends on who you talk to,there are a few threads on here relating to this

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Looks good mate,shame you couldn't keep the number plates...yep what wogboyz said re OTR and tune,be worth it for sure.

SO...take care of it always and dont drive like a psychopath..that is all :smoking: