Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S2 Berlina

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey DUK13Y, nice got it looking calais spec... got a pic for us? lol,

That seems to be fairly resonably priced hey, and if your painter still has some paint mixed up, it shouldnt be too much? as its only little, but he might try and sting you a bit, worth a phone call and check with him..

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Ay mate, as a guide it would be around 100, any more then that and your bein ripped. It will have to be primed as it's bare plastic. I he's still got some paint left like what josh said then it shouldn't be that expensive. If all else fails send it to me lol

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Hey DUK13Y, nice got it looking calais spec... got a pic for us? lol,

The only half decent pic I've got so far. I'll get more when the weather clears up after I give it a full wash.

Ay mate, as a guide it would be around 100, any more then that and your bein ripped. It will have to be primed as it's bare plastic. I he's still got some paint left like what josh said then it shouldn't be that expensive. If all else fails send it to me lol

Thanks for the ballpark mate. We're good mates with our paint guy as we do all his electrical work in his shop and he does our car. I might give him a bell and work out what it would cost me.

Before:
P170509_1435.jpg

After:
P260509_0823.jpg

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Me likes:yeah:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks good mate...
Did you do that by pulling them apart like Banks was describing? not a bad DIY effort eyy,

Although it looks like we have another chev badge nazi...

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Yeah, I did what BANKS said almost to the letter apart from how long I put them in the oven for. I did it for 2-3min stints rather than the 5 like he suggested. No major difference there, just a bit more safety and a longer process. Turned out almost factory looking so I'm stoked with the result.

I'm over the Chev comments. Heaps of people have them and even if they didn't I wouldn't care. Preferably I'd like to debadge it completely but don't want to get holes filled and pay $300 for a respray of the boot just for a few personal opinions from people I haven't even met in person.

I'd be willing to pay someone a smaller fee than $300 to get it done if someone with experience wants to do it, but even then, it might look **** without other panels blended in. I don't know. Either way, for now it stays. Let all comments in it's regard die... please.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh yeah, thats probly good to be safer - take a little bit longer, the first itme I heard about putting them in the oven, I was like WTF??? lol, but then realised it needed to happen because of the glue,

I will weld them up for you and skim it with bog to smooth it out, and even prime it for you, but thats about as far as I could comfortably go, my spray painting isnt that good, atleast on my own stuff, if I stuff it up, I can just do it again, but not someone elses!!! lol,

My mates cousin lives in sydney, and thats 'hopefully' who will be spraying my car, I haven't mentioned it to him yet, but he's a good spray painter, seen some of his work, top stuff.. Soo hopefully he will be able to help me out - teach me a few things, and i'll ask him how much to spray a bootlid..

Stock holden colours I dont think need to be blended, if they get a good enough colour match, but will ask him...

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I was just thinking, would i be able to get away with just filling the holes up, then mask off the surrounding area so only the 2 filled holes are shown, then using an airbrush, prime and paint some touch up paint and maybe some clear coat? Then polish for shine?

Long shot I know but for 2 tiny holes, would you notice it?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, you probly could do something like that ey,
Just bog up the holes, and keep the area to be painted as small as possible, a little primer, with it all masked up, and shoot a little acrylic black over it, get it mixed exactly the same, then follow on with some clear..

Follow that with a bit of a cut back, some cutting compound by hand, or even just a cut and polish...

Might be worth a try, as acrylic will blend into the original paint work easier..

But if your happy with the badge on the back for now, (i'd say you would be, can't see why not?) theres no rush to get it off... its YOUR car remember - you seem to have good attitude about it, so all's good!