Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 My VS ute rear end comes around in rain

Raymos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5lt S ute
My VS 5Lt ute if you touch brakes on wet road the arse end comes around, it's lowered 5" with 20" X 8" rims and tyres. I've heard that when you lower the back that there is some sort of rear brake adjustment but I can't find any info on this, if you have the answer I would be wrapped.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
On the Utes there is a brake bias valve for the rear brakes that adjust the rear brake bias when there is a load on the rear. IF you have a look under the back there is a valve with a chain attached to the panhard rod (I believe) that will need adjustment to suit the lower ride height.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, that's right. Pretty certain from memory need to shorten length for lowering. Probably have to take a link out if you have lowered it a huge amount.
On the maloo there's a threaded eyelet on pan hard end and I got away with ajusting that as I only went to fe2 height
Only I can't be 100 % without looking and utes in Newcastle and I'm in S.E. QLD until weekend