Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey guys and gurls,

I have finally got around to posting up my ride, a VY Acclaim, ex-cop car, general duties my guess, (no unicorn chip for me!!) but it had the go-go lights inside...

INTERIOR:

I got it stock as a rock, aside from tinted windows, and a few holes inside, it now has a resonable stereo in it, stock H/U with phreddy's auxillary audio input and low level outputs, for the amps a Fusion encounter 4 channel running the door speakers, for the fronts Alpine splits, type 'S' and in the rears Alpine coaxials... a cadence mono block running the 6x9's in the parcel shelf - Kenwood, three ways, and a mono block pioneer amp running the 2 x 12 inch pioneer type 'S' subs, in factory box...

Sounds good, a little loud in the rear seats, but in the front it sounds good!!

Phreddy-erized dash - controls, with colour morphing needles, blue to purple to red...

Second best interior mod so far.. fully sick fox tail hanging from the rear view mirror!!! LMAO...

Door inserts and top half of the interior in Black Velvet, like velour - but softer, really short pile? (brush it one way, its dark, the other its lighter?!!)

EXTERIOR:

De-badged all except the front lion...
Door protector strips gooone...
'Fully smooth bro' Shaved door handles...
WK/WL side indicators...
Debadged/shaved rear lion badge...
Chrome strips around windows/doors...
VZ rear bumper...
VZ Calais tailights...
VY SS Headlights...
20" inch Deluxe Rims...
Rolled and flared front and rear gaurds to suit rims, fully loaded with trailer on, no scrubbin!! Done the old fashioned way, ballpien hammer with a dolly...

Lovelles, Super Low? The lowest they make...
Lowered Monroe gas shocks, all four corners...

VZ SS twin exhaust, (2 1/4") twin V8 cats...
Rear resinator removed replaced with twin 2 1/2" pipes...

FUTURE MODS:

FULL RESPRAY!!! Original colour again?! Hopefully it looks good... :D
SS front bar, fog lights...
Either Chrome SS grille, or Matte/Satin Black

Twin 3" dumpies. Chrome/Satin/Matte Black...

Chrome garnish around number plate...

So, what does everyone think it needs (either first up, or at all) besides a new set of wheels!

Cheers all,
Josh...

AKA Zeussy! :p

Last edited:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
zeussy-albums-vy-picture83373-nice.jpg

^^^ Just after a wash...

zeussy-albums-vy-picture82901-ahh-yeah.jpg

^^^ Aussie Pride FTW!! lol...

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83375-side-shots.jpg

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83376-side-shots.jpg

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83374-slotted-discs-painted-calipers-ss-headlights.jpg

^^^ Slotted discs, painted calipers, VY SS Headlights...

zeussy-albums-vy-picture82902-side-view.jpg

^^^^ See the baby flare on the gaurd, usually it has a ridge about an inch in from the edge following the wheel arch, like the fronts, I shaped it so it was at the same curve as the body, dolly'd flat, smoothed with body filler.. gives about 1/2'' extra clearance at the sides that stock, good for straightening the wheel alignment up...

zeussy-albums-vy-picture82850-looking-down-front-car-original-y-piece-pipe-just-cut-off-before-bend-welded-flange.jpg

^^^ VZ SS Exhaust, twin cats...

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83372-orange-indicators-digital-speedo.jpg

zeussy-albums-vy-picture83371-phreddy-erisd-dash.jpg

^^^^ Phreddy-erized dash...

Last edited:

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Love it!!!!!!!!!!! sweet colour and very clean car

haha go the non spoiler, im savin now so i can do it to my vy exec,

i can also see u have snuck a small southern cross on ur back window, nicccce lol

what year is ur car? sorry if u already covered it

cheers

i was also thinking about tryin to contact phreddy about my dash, from seeing ur otheer post, that was wicked

mmmm definately loose the back lion, im thinking about doing it to, that aswell as getting my spoiler off

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
nice ride dude, losin the lion and spoiler is the best thing ive done to mine, looks sweet!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha Cheers VjamesY..
Yeah I prefer the cleaner look of the no spoiler too, was thinking about the Senator? lip spoiler, just the little one that mounts flush to the bootlid... but ehhh...
Yes yes a nice little tribute to the great southern land, not too big,

Its a 2003 model, not sure on the month, ill have a look then edit it in to the first post..

Yeah I love the dash, drive with the lights on all the time just about!!
If you can get in contact with him, I reccomend doing it!! It may take an email or two, but once he's on the job - its all guns blazing till its completed... he's not happy unless you're happy..

I cant reccomend him enough, great bloke, and great work, I just need to get around to going back down there, to get some number plate light LED's, and see what else he has got sorted - interior lights, footwell LED's etc etc...

And Cheers DVSV8, looks like its going on a holiday then!!

NO BOOTLID SPOILERS FTW!!!!

Last edited:

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Looks sweet mate. Maybe an SS front bar to give it that sporty look. How much did it cost to get your exhaust done. I know you bought it for $20 but after install and extra parts, etc, how much was it?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks DUK13Y,

I've been looking around for a resonably priced SS front bar for a while, I might be able to get my hands on a VY Calais front and rear bar, and side skirts if they are different, soon, know someone with one that wants to put a bodykit on it!!
If not ill just put foggies in the stock one,

Um, all up...

$20 ebay Exhaust...................(Ebay)....................$20 + a 2Hr drive either way to pick up...
$80 each Cat.........................(Wreckers).............$160
$7 each Exhaust Rubber.........(Holden)..................$14
$28 Heat Shield.....................(Holden).................$28
$17 Ultra Copper Sealant........(Supercheap)...........$17
$2 New Exhaust bolts, x 8......(BWIP)....................$2
Tex Screws, had some lying around...

Think thats about it...?........................................$241 ?

Plus I had to cut/weld the front 'Y' piece to suit the twin cats, chopped it off just before the crinkle bend (lol) kept the front sections, to either side manifold, then welded a flange on either side to suit the twin cats...

So if I didnt have to buy new cats it would've been alot cheaper...
Being handy with a welder helps keep the cost down too, it cost me about 3 meters of welding wire, off a 100 meter roll, and a cutting disc, (both which I already had, im always doing something with one of the cars/projects we have floating around here!!) And it cost around $200 to have a similar job done at the exhaust shop,

And I made the new hanger for the drivers side out of the mount off the old exhaust, just needed a bend here and there, then welded that onto the rear 'K' frame, same spot as the original one, but on the opposite side...

Last edited:

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Thanks mate. Really helpful. Hopefully I have the twin cat already. I'll just get an exhaust place to fit it because I don't have a welder nor experience with it.
Cheers.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
NP mate...

Hey whats everyone rekon, I have a few shots of some minor damage and a repair job I did to it a while back, should I post it up too?? lol...

You'll probly laugh and say bloody young hoons!! when you see it...

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Yeh, i will try to get in contact with phreddy, were bouts is he located? lol those lights would get addictive after a while

mmm i made a post ages ago about getting one of those boot lip thingos, like the small spoilers, but i think ill look into it when i get it all done.

also did u get the back number plate surounding part colour coded, because mines black plastic, maybe because mine is an 02 model exec

yeh post up the pics forsure

Last edited: