Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
LOL, don't know if I want to stand out that much BXHD?!! (chrome) :p
That LS3 sounds like a weapon, looks pretty sweet too! Was thinking, that lower half (just below window height) then shiney as red kandy with a flake under it = Pretty sexy.

I want something that can cruise past the local law enforcement with out catching their eye, but when you actually look at it, being able to tell that it isn't straight from the factory like that...

My dad agree's with you on that one Rich, he just shakes his head at my suggestions saying "Why do you want to stand out so much, thats just going to attract unwanted attention, paint it blue again..."
lol, and so do I. Don't really want too much attention, not just from the popo, but angry people with keys in their hands lol. Delft is looking like an option!

I suppose, even a blind man and his dog could tell its not standard - :hmmm: (no door handles, etc) Might be able to have a shiney as Delft on there while still looking slightly custom too?!
Maybe even some pinstriping later on...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, another small update... With clouds looming overhead which ment no priming, so I mounted the passenger guard, and pulled the drivers guard off and this is where I'm at...

P3110017.jpg

P3110025.jpg

P3110021.jpg

P3110027.jpg

Those doors have been like that for ages, :( I'm guessing that would have to be bad for the panel/metal? lol... :banstick:
Been putting it off for a while now, I want to strip out some of the bog, to see if there is any rust going on under it. And need a good hot day or two to help 'dry' it right out.

I think I know what 'has to be done' but am trying to avoid all that blocking again, lol. :smoking:

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Might just let you know, you shouldn't leave a car in primer/hi-fill out in the whether, especially for extended periods. Primer is Hygroscopic (absorbs moisture), so really after being applied it should be rubbed & painted ASAP. There is a really good chance after being left in primer for that amount of time then painted, it will come out in humidity blisters = BAD (or even come out in rust). Body filler is also Hygroscopic, so same deal really.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I know... lol, thanks for the heads up though.

Not really alot I can do about it, don't have the place to store it out of the weather, or the money to do it all at once or to pay someone to do it. Can't really leave it like it is forever either.

So for now, I'm just going to hope for some hot days, and check out the two drivers side doors for rust (remove some of the bog and see whats under there) And if its all sweet then get going on the colour. As long as it looks good, and no blisters come up/pinholes. Thats all I'm after. Don't really mind if it doesn't last 20 years.

And I'm starting to think along the same lines as you Rich, the blue has a certain look about it when its all shiney! :p
You definately get a few looks when people pass you in a patchy ass car, lol.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
grr this frustrates me cos i want ....for you...this to be finished lol, its gunna be sweet, just dont go n crash it again lol

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL Delish-VY
Well you will be happy to know that I stripped the bog off the drivers door completely, and finished off the rear door, so they're both pretty flat!

Even though 'Mother Nature' had other plans for me, I ended up getting the two doors in primer, ready for a block back - like the rest of the car, lol.
Soon to do , the two front guards - couple of little dents on the top of the guards, looks like where some ones been leaning over into the engine bay, or sitting on... :p
Then remove them again, throw on some primer, leaving me just the roof - 3 small dings to take care of, and the bonnet - full of stone chips.

Should I bare metal the bonnet? Looks like when I had the front fixed up ages ago the panel shop didn't use primer over the new bonnet - just left it in the black sealer they come in? Because there is a heap of stone chips which are rusting up nicely.. :(

Have a few pics, either tonight, or tomorrow I'll get better ones. Take it easy all!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Still masked up, drying...

P3130018.jpg

P3130017.jpg

The next day...
Don't know about every one else, but as soon as I look at the photo's my eyes are instantly drawn to the key hole in the drivers door skin... :hmmm: :(

P3140016.jpg

P3140019.jpg

P3140014.jpg

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
the first thing i was drawn to was the black lines everywhere! But i was looking at the photo of the back quater panel & it looks like its a flat white/cream colour! look sik, you should respray in flat/matte white or cream! looks hawt!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL, the black lines aren't going to stay there, I've got to fine sand/block back all the creamy/black striped areas to get it ready for colour, but am waiting till the day of (/or the day before) paint.

My missus said the same thing when I painted the two doors...
Shes like "can you get paint that colour..." :) with my response "you can get what ever colour you want!" lol,

I don't mind the colour actually, but when I painted my VH, I said the same thing that liked the colour of the primer, then when I got some colour thrown on there it looked 1000x better, and glad I didn't go with a lighter colour.

Still not to sure, at this stage its either going to be just the Delft Blue, or the Silver/Blue combo... Would like to pick a different colour but can't decide... :p