Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
I reckon you just make the rest of the car into a primer-mobile lol, will definately stand out! just make it all that shifty lookin white colour, or just matte black, ive seen a guy on youtube (search 1LOCOLS3) n he has a matte black SS that looks pretty sweet

LOL, "shifty lookin white"
I rekon, should see some of the looks I get driving it around... They must be thinkin some random thoughts seeing it :rofl2:

Sort of like the matt black idea, but would only do it if I could put a satin/matt clear over it to protect the paint, don't like the "chalk board" patchy effect it gets with age. Basically so it looks like 1LOCOLS3, all one shade, neat looking. The links further up the page to it, sounds like a real weapon too :thumbsup:

For the moment, its looking like just back to Delft Blue, mainly cause I cbf'd stripping the doors or the engine bay out... A painter/mate has said "they can be done later..." but, knowing me it'l probly stay like it for a long while ;)

Want to get this looking respectable, then hook into the VH, finish/paint the engine bay, get the motor in, dash in, engo'd and rego'd etc... All by around July... :p Think I'll do it? :smoking:

Then turn back the clock a bit, finish my sisters HQ, paint, interior, etc. (tax money ;))

Then back to the VH, paint the outside of it, finish it off completely - or until I get some real coin to play with for an old carby fed beast or LSx conversion (hopefully! :))

Well, enough jibber jabber! Back to half an update,

Looks like its time to do some lower inner control arm bushes again, I swear I only did them 6 months ago or so?? :rolleyes:
Time to upgrade to urethane or something stronger me thinks. Aswell as probly strut tops/bearings, rear radius rod bushes, (already done the fronts) and while im there some sway bar/link bushes. And most likely ball joints, tie rod ends and rack ends...
I have an annoying "pull" in the steering going around corners at 60-80km/h and it seems to be developing into a dangerous little "mod":undead:

:hmmm: Bushes, or paint... :devil:

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I have an annoying "pull" in the steering going around corners at 60-80km/h and it seems to be developing into a dangerous little "mod":undead:

lol maybe try not hitting corners doing 80? nice fancy little mod to your driving may be the best mod you could do lmao jk

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol maybe try not hitting corners doing 80? nice fancy little mod to your driving may be the best mod you could do lmao jk

Hahaha... Funny man, FUN-NEEE! :p (If you haven't seen The Boondock Saints, you won't know what I'm talking about ;)) lol,

I ment on the Pacific H'way, where the speed limit varies from 70-90km/h ;) not on 50km/h suburban streets. :rofl:
Its been like it for a while, so I do drive to the limits of the car. :rofl2:

Asked everyone up here. "Bushes, or Paint..."
With the majority of people saying Paint...
lmao, what an irresponsible family/bunch of friends I have :p

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I have seen boondock saints (you just killed the f***ing cat!!!) lol, watched the second one recently...wooooww it sucks big hairy sack, but yes paint it already or ill come to ur house when ur sleeping and paint it for you!, with a big fairy princess mural on the hood lol

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there a second one?? Aarrgghh... Not going to be able to sleep till I see it :p
"Thought it'd bring closure to our relationship..." huh?! :rofl:

lmao, yeah, If you could, that'd be great :smoking: just try and keep the noise of the compressor down, I like my sleep.
And I'll just paint the bonnet again! :p or roll with style ;)

If I pulled my finger out earlier today, I wanted to buy paint, (only I thought of it a like 4pm :bang:) so over the long weekend I could've made some progress...
Might just get it all dent free, primed and rubbed back ready to go...

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
save yourself the time and don't bother watching it, it will only tarnish your original views of the first one, 1 star from me! and i friggin loved the first one! and as for your pimpmobile get cracking over the weekend I wanna see that badboy in pure matte black by tuesday lol

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL, well i wont rush out and see it then :p (cause I rekon the first ones pretty sweet, too)
Well, not too sure about the Matt Black anymore, :devil: got a shiney-ER idea :D

Some progess but probly not what you're expecting...

From today onwards, IMO and I'm sure a few others would agree, Paint Stripper, is THE most effective, quickest, and safest way to strip a panel, sure it can be "messy" but so can sanding with dust everywhere ;)
I'd never really used it on a car panel before, but now if ever I need to get a panel back to metal or start another project - it'l be the only way I go... :) (unless theres bog under it, and I know its clean metal)

Just starting out, had to go grab some more paint stripper and at it again!

P4040019.jpg

Naked VY... :smoking:

P4040022.jpg

Bare Metal...
Then Etch Primed...

P4040023.jpg

Then got some good primer on there...

P4040026.jpg

And a "Crouching Bonnet, Hidden VY...." :smoking:
(yes... That was an attempt at humour, pretty weak I know :/)

P4040027.jpg

And when the mozzies started attacking, I ran off inside :p

P4040031.jpg

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, not the first person to ask that :p

Its just a light coat of acrylic black, as a guide coat for when I block sand the whole lot, before paint.
The black all sands off, and if there is any little dents, or scratches, low spots etc in the panel they stay black speckled, so its way easier to see :)

It actually looked quite nice while the primer was still wet, glossy as, straight as...
Can't wait for colour :D