Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VY Calais - 'Calais 2.0'

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
Just some quick photos too prove who did it and that its done...

DSC_8104_zps378d68ba.jpg

DSC_8107_zpsfc4c1b37.jpg

DSC_8109_zps76fa0093.jpg

DSC_8286_zpsb33b348c.jpg

DSC_8312_zps2cdeddf4.jpg Photo by kudos_0743 | Photobucket

DSC_8315_zpsbfba1810.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Does conversion,

Doesn't clean up motor or extractors...

:banstick:

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Does conversion,

Doesn't clean up motor or extractors...

:banstick:

What's not clean about the motor? Extractors just didn't have time we did it all in like 2-3 days. But you managed to find something we did wrong, well done.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
What's not clean about the motor? Extractors just didn't have time we did it all in like 2-3 days. But you managed to find something we did wrong, well done.

Simple, Shouldn't of rushed it.

And I'm not looking for anything that you've done wrong, Just saying if you were not impatient you could've made it look like a fresh motor instead of a 10year old one.

Cheers
Mat

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Simple, Shouldn't of rushed it.

And I'm not looking for anything that you've done wrong, Just saying if you were not impatient you could've made it look like a fresh motor instead of a 10year old one.

Cheers
Mat

Hardly rushed, just sticking to a schedule. The less time the car is off the road the better. The rest will be cleaned up in time.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Hardly rushed, just sticking to a schedule. The less time the car is off the road the better. The rest will be cleaned up in time.

Now if you wanted me to pick things you did wrong, The first thing would be not changing engine mounts...

You asked for help in chatbox, Myself and a lot of others suggested extremely good advice in what maintenance to perform while the motor was out. Judging by the photos and the condition of everything, You took none of that on board.

Yes clap clap you performed a plug & play engine conversion and it starts, That is extremely good. However the way you went about it. I really don't want to read the posts where you have issues due to pushing the motor harder than it had been in the past.

Cheers
Mat

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bloody Hozy, always trying to find something to criticise :p.

Nice work Nathan.

Cheers man. It's not 100% done yet, better photos to come once it's all cleaned up proper :)

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Now if you wanted me to pick things you did wrong, The first thing would be not changing engine mounts...

You asked for help in chatbox, Myself and a lot of others suggested extremely good advice in what maintenance to perform while the motor was out. Judging by the photos and the condition of everything, You took none of that on board.

Yes clap clap you performed a plug & play engine conversion and it starts, That is extremely good. However the way you went about it. I really don't want to read the posts where you have issues due to pushing the motor harder than it had been in the past.

Cheers
Mat

And this is why I tread carefully even asking for advice, especially on here - always strings attached and unwanted criticism if you don't end up doing it exactly they way they specify. There's a bunch of people that could've run me through the whole thing just with their knowledge alone but stayed well away from them and figured out as much as I could from my own research because of the way they act. You are not one of them, until now you've been really helpful and positive. If I had endless amounts of money like you seem to think I have, sure I'd change engine mounts and every bloody gasket I could find, but I don't - if it's isn't broken don't fix it. I don't think I'll be too worried about general maintenance issues later on down the track. While I appreciated your advice I only could've done it best case scenario if I had all the time and money in the world.

For those interested I'll post more about the whole conversion process, how it was for someone like me who is not a mechanic to get done and wrap your head around it all. It was a big job, but I enjoyed doing it, made some good friends along the way and I'm really happy with the outcome.

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
Good job on the Conversion Nathan!

To me the engine looks clean compared to mine, even though I only cleaned mine a couple weeks ago haha.

What you should to to neaten up the engine bay is put the radiator shroud on (if you're not planning to that is) and buy a polished power steering reservoir :)

Just my 2 cents.

Sent via iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.