Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NaY's VY

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
NaY VY

Year: 2002
Colour: Impulse Pearl
Engine: 3.8Ltr Ecotec
Brakes: n/a
Transmission: 4sp Auto
Exhaust: 2 1/2" Cat Back
Diff: Standard 3.08 Single Pegger
Electrics: Power Windows, Cruise Control
Interior: Standard Cloth
Wheels: Genuine 19" VE SSV's with 235/35/19's
Stereo:
- N/A

Mods

- 35% Tint all Round
- Exterior LED Conversion
- Debadged
- SSV's
- Ultra's all round.
- Monroe Shortened Shocks and Struts

Plans

Interior:
- Paint Cluster Surround and Dash, Piano Black
- Full Stereo install
- Pioneer Avic H / U
- Morel Tempo Splits
- 2 x RE Audio SEx 12" Subs
- 1 x Hifonics 1500w Monoblock
- 1 x Hifonics 1000w 4 Channel
- 0 Gauge Throughout
- Big 3
- Optima Yellow Top

Engine:
- Mace CAI

Body:
- SS Kit
- Remove Trolley Strips
- Sunroof

Pictures

VYCURLYJAN_zpsb5fb60f8.jpg

IMG_0419_zpsa5dfba58.jpg

Last edited:

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Is it possible to change the Trolley Strips to ones of a calais

With the Chrome insert?

Or is it just easier to remove the trolley strips completely?

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
The car looks good, i like some of your plans of it (i need to get some for mine! haha)

The side moulds can be replaced i have been told (one of mine is cracked and i need to replace)

What about window tinting ?

Oh and how to do you go with having your P plates displayed in the car ? i've been told it's illegal to have them there in NSW, i would love to put them there but i'm scared the cops will get me for it.

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Thanks mate

Its fairly clean but as i have started cleaning it and getting it to how it should be, Im starting to notice small minor things that i would like fixed

Ye i am going to be tinting the windows ( and removing the poor tint that is currently on it ) but am undecided as to go 20% or darker.

regarding the P plates, I have been pulled over before by police and they havn't said anything about them, but i always have a spare set ( external ) incase they bring it up.
If you treat them with utmost respect ( like myself ) most will give you a warning or not mention it but if one officer is having a bad day and wishes to fine me for it after i explain why i have them inside the window rather than out ( sick of people stealing them ) and still wishes to fine me. Il just bite the bullet and pay the fine and learn my lesson

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
I had that problem too. It looked 100% perfect the first week i bought it. After i started to get it looking really good i found that i had a few scratches on the body, a crack in the headunit, a small chip in the windscreen, a few rips in the seat. But i can't complain as the car is 9 years old, can't expect it to be brand new haha.

20% is what i'll go for, i don't want to get any hassle of the cops (knowing my luck they'd get me for going any lower). My mate got 5% on his VS Calais and it's too dark, it looks awesome, but IMO just asking for trouble.

Thanks for letting us know about those P plates, it's not only people stealing them, i think i've lost 10 L plates in a matter of months at one stage, got sick of it. When i get my P plates i think i'm just gonna cabletie them onto the car, that shouldn't be a problem, only if people need to borrow the car, but that's rare.

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
This is how desperate people in my area are

I had screwed the P Platers into the number plate ( Using the number plate screws ) they took the time to remove the number plate screw to steal them

i found my car with the number plates hanging by 1 screw and no p plate.....

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I am currently looking at getting my window tint re-done as the current tint is peeling badly and the rear is almost impossible to see "clearly" out of.

I haven't been able to figure out though, Which % of tint i am going to go for. I like the look of a 5% but understand its pretty much impossible to see out of at night then add a rainy night "hello you cant see anything" so im not really into the 5% tint.

I am thinking of going for something around the 15% - 20% any thoughts?

Was having a good read through the log book, Manual and the booklet that the car came with and i found a warranty card from hunter holden for something extra. Opened it up and found out they had fitted the tint and that their tint has a lifetime warranty for peeling tint. Looks like im getting a free tint :)

Going to give the car a good polish tomorrow to try get all the swirl marks out and find more imperfections :)