Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Need Help] Lowering a vn - super low with king springs or lovells

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
Hey all,

i would like to lower my car with either super low kings or the equal in lovell springs.
Also i would get Monroe shortened gt gas shockers.

the question i have is if i go to sports low will my diff or any of the undercar hit speedbumps?
and wil i have cop trouble.

has anyone made a guide to removing springs and shockes??

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm changing the rear springs in mine tomorrow from standard height heavy duty pedders to factory FE2, might take some pictures : ). You could swap both rear springs and shockers in an hour or two. Going to standard lowered length (FE2) you don't need to run short shockers in the rear but with super lows you might. I'll do the fronts next weekend maybe, it's a bigger job.

Not sure on how low your car will be with super lows, just messure it now and subtract the amount they lower your car by : )

D

davidbhp

Hi there,
I lowered my ss vn,I was recommended to use heavy duty king springs,and heay duty gas shockies front and back,hope this helps, car handles really well with new high performance silicone tyres.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
If you go too low you will have to get an adjustable pan hard rod , Thats the long rod that goes from ther back of your rear axle to the body as it has a tendency to push your whole rear axle and diff to one side , it is only a matter of a couple of centimeters but is just enough to make your tyre on one side rub on your guard. This is because the distance between the mounting points for the panhard rod decrease as your car gets lower.
Also your diff will stay at the same height no matter how low you go.
To stay legal , you must have 100 mm clearence between the road and the lowest part of your car ,and the distance between the upper and lower bump cannot be less then two thirds of the origional distance when your car has been lowered .
Hope that helps Dayvo :hit:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
beefcream, I made a HOW-TO thread for you

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
i've decided to get sports low lovells cause they ar within the legal limit and lovells provide a bit smoother ride from what i have heard!
normal monroe gt gas shockers

what do u reckon?