Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers static noise when on pause or volume 0?

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
No, you're the troll. There was no need for you to chime in in the first place. If you are saying that 240V is easy and safe to work with, why are you even qualified?

oh, yeah, i wouldn't say 240 volts is safe, it effect different people differently, some people can survive being shocked.

but to admit that you've been hit by 240volts isn't something to be proud of, it just shows you're an extremely poor electrician :/

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
No, you're the troll. There was no need for you to chime in in the first place. If you are saying that 240V is easy and safe to work with, why are you even qualified?

You're the guy saying that 12v is going to cook the guts out of your body before you can have to blink and installing a stereo is fatal. You've got a better chance of stabbing yourself with the screwdriver whilst pulling out the standard head unit than hurting yourself with 12v.
It's people like you who instill that much fear about doing anything.
If you actually read what I said I've been hit with 240v a few times and am yet to get a burn from it.
Don't comment on what you clearly know nothing about.

but to admit that you've been hit by 240volts isn't something to be proud of, it just shows you're an extremely poor electrician :/

Not proud of it. Ask any electrician out there, I reckon the fair majority have been booted before.

SE85VT

LOVE MY VT LOVE AUSTRALIA
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
Good laugh out of this i have been hit with 240 volts not fun steped in a puddle at home that had a wire that had been chewed by rats in it luckaly the fuse flicked and cut off the power but i hit the floor and had a mass headake went to hospital they kept me there over night got it fixed and the electritian said that the fuse should have switched when the water submused the wire he was supprised that it flicked when i stood in it the back of it was melted altho i still instaled my sterio system plus if your that worried just disconect the battery lol

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Off topic much???? The only burn I've ever got from working with 12volt is when I grabbed the wrong end of the soldering iron. And yes it was on.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Off topic much???? The only burn I've ever got from working with 12volt is when I grabbed the wrong end of the soldering iron. And yes it was on.

Then it was the current that got you, not the volts.

People make me laugh with comments about tradies that hurt themselves on the job can't be very good tradies. Work with something for long enough and it will bite you, no matter how good you are.

Professional race car drivers are very good at what they do right? Show me one that hasn't crashed.
Show me a mechanic that hasn't put something in the wrong way or taken skin off.
Show me a carpenter that hasn't smashed himself with a hammer.
Show me a doctor that has cured an ailment first time every time.

The list can go on and on.

12V can't hurt you, the current can burn you if you shorted a live wire and held on to it though.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
That's the point I was trying to make. 12 volts is going to do nothing. The only reason I got burnt was from the hot end of a gas powered soldering iron. Doesn't matter if your standing in a bucket of salt water and you grab hold of both posts on a 12 volt battery, nothing going to happen. Unless of course you've got a pace maker. That may skip a beat or two.