Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers worse than stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0BZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina, vn ss
Fusion is a peice of **** all rubbish!!! Plus your head unit being stock is no where near amperage needed for them speakers to sound good! Amp up or just put the stocks back in and if they are ####ed buy some from Holden!

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Fusion is a peice of **** all rubbish!!! Plus your head unit being stock is no where near amperage needed for them speakers to sound good! Amp up or just put the stocks back in and if they are ####ed buy some from Holden!

This thread died nearly a month ago...probably would"ve been for the best to just leave it at the bottom of the list.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Since it's still going i'm going to throw my 2 cents worth in. To all the people saying Fusion is crap, your just brand bashers and clearly do not have any useful knowledge or experience to offer. Ok so Fusion might not make the best sounding speakers in the world, but then again they do not sell the most expensive speakers either. They mainly target the lower end, so there is no point in comparing them to anything but that.

For someone who needs a pair speakers, whether they be an upgrade, or a replacement for an existing component, there is nothing wrong with them. You can spend a lot of money with a bad instal and no knowledge and it can wind up sounding fairly average.

On the other hand you can use some budget components, such as what fusion offer, and with some knowledge about what your doing, and a good instal, not just dropping things in and wiring them up , and have a fairly decent sounding setup. This can be confirmed by a fellow member here who actually won a SQ comp using a pair of Fusion's Reactor line speakers.

I'm not supporting the brand, but all you people arking up saying they are rubbish really need to stop and have a think. The OP's problem most likely arised from using a speaker with a lower sensitivity than the factory ones, which resulted in less output from the head unit, it could have even been a simple polarity mix up, we'll probably never know.

But telling him (or anyone else ) that they purchased the wrong brand is not helpful advice.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
I'm not supporting the brand, but all you people arking up saying they are rubbish really need to stop and have a think. The OP's problem most likely arised from using a speaker with a lower sensitivity than the factory ones, which resulted in less output from the head unit, it could have even been a simple polarity mix up, we'll probably never know.

This, a thousand times this. Fusion is not a shitty brand. They have a budget line, which is only as good as all the other manufacturers budget lines. I don't see people **** talking Alpines Type X/Type R gear because the Type E gear is low end trash. If you buy the fancy shiny green Fusion gear then sure, it won't be great. On the other hand the PowerPlant subs are brilliant, and if you can get a good deal not bad value for money.

It's not like brands such as Powervox who exist only to sell the cheapest nastiest **** in existence, Fusion do make some good products. You've just got to open your ears and give them a chance. But then the people bashing Fusion probably consider Type R to be top of the line :rolleyes:

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
This, a thousand times this. Fusion is not a shitty brand. They have a budget line, which is only as good as all the other manufacturers budget lines. I don't see people **** talking Alpines Type X/Type R gear because the Type E gear is low end trash. If you buy the fancy shiny green Fusion gear then sure, it won't be great. On the other hand the PowerPlant subs are brilliant, and if you can get a good deal not bad value for money.

It's not like brands such as Powervox who exist only to sell the cheapest nastiest **** in existence, Fusion do make some good products. You've just got to open your ears and give them a chance. But then the people bashing Fusion probably consider Type R to be top of the line :rolleyes:

....don't be a hero making assumptions about what other people think, Fusion has a bad name because their budget level crap is everywhere and is absolute garbage...I already said it in a previous post...they have a bad name because 99% of what gets sold is their budget stuff....you expect people to think well of fusion because of that 1% that isn't rubbish?...unlikely.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
....don't be a hero making assumptions about what other people think, Fusion has a bad name because their budget level crap is everywhere and is absolute garbage...I already said it in a previous post...they have a bad name because 99% of what gets sold is their budget stuff....you expect people to think well of fusion because of that 1% that isn't rubbish?...unlikely.

They make what the market demands, shiny crap that sounds terrible. They also recognise that there is a market for higher end gear and make that too. I don't expect people to think well of Fusion because they make a few good things, but I do expect people who claim they know what they're talking about wouldn't say "everything company x makes is ****" when that isn't the case. You're clearly misleading people and encouraging a bad opinion of a brand for no good reason.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
They make what the market demands, shiny crap that sounds terrible. They also recognise that there is a market for higher end gear and make that too. I don't expect people to think well of Fusion because they make a few good things, but I do expect people who claim they know what they're talking about wouldn't say "everything company x makes is ****" when that isn't the case. You're clearly misleading people and encouraging a bad opinion of a brand for no good reason.

....nope I was telling him that in his budget he'd only get ass in a bucket from fusion, and the market does not demand stuff that sounds terrible, that's why there are so many successful brands making good speakers on a decent budget, maybe you and fusion should collectively remove your heads from your bottoms...and make a mid-range product that isn't woeful...then people will buy it and fusion will get a better reputation...until then...shoosh you.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Darren...Orion XTR's front and back...its what I"ve got n their awesome.

thanks, I might look into them for the front doors.
I'm fairly happy with the Kicker rears. But now it's just highlighted how scratchy & ear piercing the Pioneer fronts are. So for the short term I've wound the fader to around 80% rear.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
thanks, I might look into them for the front doors.
I'm fairly happy with the Kicker rears. But now it's just highlighted how scratchy & ear piercing the Pioneer fronts are. So for the short term I've wound the fader to around 80% rear.

Best thing I have learnt from people with audio is, spend the big bucks on your fronts, because if you have high quality fronts, you won't even notice the quality coming from the back.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
....nope I was telling him that in his budget he'd only get ass in a bucket from fusion, and the market does not demand stuff that sounds terrible, that's why there are so many successful brands making good speakers on a decent budget, maybe you and fusion should collectively remove your heads from your bottoms...and make a mid-range product that isn't woeful...then people will buy it and fusion will get a better reputation...until then...shoosh you.

um they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.