Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new to here and got questions about my 00 vs ute

vs_townsville

Reaction score
Members Ride
200 vs ute
ok hello to everyone i just bught myself a 2000 vs ser3 ute .

just a couple questions inside the ute it smells of fuel i got told the fuel breather line might be worn and letting the smell of fuel go into the cab is that sound right ?

now the next question is a lil technical . i went to get a spare key and programmed . i bought the black whole key and got it cut and took it to my mechanic . when we went to program the key hes done hundreds but for some reason we program the key it start the key but the buttons on the key for the centraql locking wont work . so i rang up the place got key thinking it was a faulty one so took it back to mechanic and put the program on the key and same thing the central locking wont work but can start the car . on the computer it says theres no such thing as a 2000 vs ute says only 97vt ? are the cars and utes the same or different ? can someone explain the difference in years in utes and cars to me please

i know that last bit may sound silly to some but im not fully into holdens

thanks for everyones time

shannon

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
yeah could be the breather line being stuffed, i had the same problem. ended up being a crack in the tank around where the breather came from. bit of quik-steel and it was all sweet.

a 2000 year ute is a VS series 3. they ran at the same time as the vt's, just because the updated ute wasn't ready yet. there was a few differences from series 2 to 3 in the utes, but surely the key should be the same in all of the vs utes.. not totally sure.