Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nfl

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Week 17 recap.

What an insane day of football and following week.

The Vikings stole a win from the Lions knocking them out of the playoffs. Panthers beat the Falcons by one to get the number two seed in the NFC and the Bills pushed the Pats in a close one.

All the action though was in the late games. The Packers and the Bears played in a cracker. It was Aaron Rodgers first game back from a broken collarbone and he had a great game. The Packers went on a late drive, converting three 4th downs to get the TD and the win. By doing so taking the division and preventing the Bears from getting into the playoffs.

The Cards pushed the 49ers and the Broncos set a ton of season records against the Raiders in the first half of their game before Manning sat for the second half. Also had this...

1546373_650867561626602_1686603181_n.jpg

The Chiefs sat 20 of their 22 starts against the Chargers. But the Chargers managed to get the win late in overtime (also with a fake punt) against the Chiefs B team. In doing so getting a wildcard spot and beating out the Steelers. It is interesting to note the AFC West has 3 teams in the playoffs this year.

Then in the late game the Cowboys pushed the Eagles for the last playoff spot. Though Kyle Orton with his best Tony Romo impression threw a late intercept to lose the game.

The Texans lost finishing the year with the worst record and the 1st pick in the 2014 draft.

So the Wildcard round ahead has KC playing the Colts and Chargers vs Bengals in the AFC. Then the 49ers vs Packers and Saints vs Eagles in the NFC.

Then there was the day after the final games of the year. In a 24 hour period 5 Head Coaches were fired. The Lions, Bucs, Washington, Vikings and Browns all fired their HC (the Bucs also their GM). So far 6 HC have been fired this year (including Houston) and more could follow. Interesting though, the number one candidate for firing at the start of the year, Rex Ryan was not fired but had his contract extended.

Teams are already setting up interviews and a number of new head coaches could be named soon.

Top 25 Funniest NFL GIFs of 2013 | Daily Snark

It has been a great season but the business end starts now. To the playoffs!

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Wildcard round and more Head Coach firings!

Wildcard round results.

The Chiefs lost in an epic come back by the Colts. At one point the Chiefs had a 28 point lead but the Colts managed to chase them down, thanks in part to plays like this...

andrew-luck-touchdown.gif

Saints and Eagles went right down to the wirer but the Saints prevailed on a last second field goal.

As did the 49ers-Packers game. The 49ers kicking the last second field goal to move on.

The Chargers handled the Bengals with an easy victory. Dalton threw a heap of picks to help them out.

Head coach news, Mike Munchak was the latest HC to be fired with the Tennessee Titans letting him go. The 'Fins fired OC Mike Sherman as their scape goat.

A number of teams have already filled head coaching jobs. With Lovie Smith taking over the job in Tampa and Leslie Frazier to be his DC. And the Texans hired Bill O'Brien, head coach of Penn State and former OC of the Patriots.

With the Bengals being knocked out the Redskins, Vikings, Lions, Titans all want to interview Jay Gruden as HC.

NFL GIFs: Top 20 Hits Of 2013 Regular Season | Daily Snark

Divisional round next week!

AFC has Colts vs Pats and Broncos vs Chargers.

NFL has 49ers vs Panthers and Saints vs 'Hawks

Go Broncos!

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Divisional week!

Another good slate of games from the week as we get closer to the Superbowl.

The Pats dominated the Colts with the ground game to get a big win.

The Seahawks beast'ed the Saints with Marshawn Lynch running all over them. The Saints did make it interesting but the 'Hawks handled them fairly easy.

The same can be said for the 49ers who did it easy against the Panthers.

The final game of the week saw the Broncos take care of the Chargers. The Chargers did get it going late but by then the game was already over.

833210094.gif

Now we head into Conference championship week with the Broncos vs Pats in the AFC and the Seahawks vs 49ers in the NFC. Another Brady vs Manning match up to keep things interesting, as is the growing rivalry between Wilson and Kaepernick.

In Head Coaching news the Titans hired Ken Whisenhunt (OC of the Chargers) as their next head coach. Maybe he should have been preparing for the Broncos instead of taking 3 interviews during the week.

Enjoy the final round before the Superbowl! and Go Broncos!

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Championship round!

Wow one good game and then an epic followed!

The Broncos vs Pats game was good for Broncos fans but not overly exciting for anyone else. The Broncos were just that dominate and controlled the game. The Pats got some points late but by then it was all over. Broncos win 26-16 and onto the Superbowl...also...

72858_661515497228475_1832974097_n.jpg

The second game between the 49ers and Hawks was epic though. It was a brutal contest with big hits, bad intentions and tough defense. Here are a few of the big ones...

JamesHurt.gif

WhitnerHit.gif

KamHit.gif

The Hawks escaped with the victory stopping a late 49ers drive to win 23-17.

Two weeks, the top two seeds, Broncos vs Seahawks in the Superbowl!

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Another one...

Also Pro Bowl is tomorrow for those interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
They're predicting a balmy 3 degrees for the Super Bowl. Should be fun.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
They're predicting a balmy 3 degrees for the Super Bowl. Should be fun.

Going to be an interesting game with the weather. I have heard the ground staff have already cleared the field twice during the week of snow.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I think the weather might slightly favour the Seahawks running game over Denver's passing game. It's gonna come down to Denver's run defense v Seahawks pass defense i think. That being said, I think the Broncos still have the weapons to put up a good score. I'm tipping they build a decent lead in the first, and Seatlle to scramble in the 2nd and make up some of the gap, but Denver to hold on for a narrow win. Go Broncos!

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Also, I *ahem* have a "Dr's appointment" Monday morning and won't be able to make it into work til noon ;)

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I think the weather might slightly favour the Seahawks running game over Denver's passing game. It's gonna come down to Denver's run defense v Seahawks pass defense i think. That being said, I think the Broncos still have the weapons to put up a good score. I'm tipping they build a decent lead in the first, and Seatlle to scramble in the 2nd and make up some of the gap, but Denver to hold on for a narrow win. Go Broncos!

I don't think the weather will make much of a difference. If it is snowing (full on blizzard) than maybe.

I think this game will be won in the trenches. The Broncos top O-Line versus the Hawks' great D or the weak Hawks' offensive line against the Broncos D-Line. I have a feeling 'Pot Roast' will be unstoppable.

Also, I *ahem* have a "Dr's appointment" Monday morning and won't be able to make it into work til noon ;)

The game starts at 10:30, so you may need to go get a second opinion :p