Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nic's VY Commodore ~ Hothouse Green

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
ohh i don't know.. i love this little 6, maybe when i finish up at tafe, i was thinking a ss ute as a weekender, but i don't want to let this car go

Yeah thats fair enough, i was gonna spend money on my ol vx ss, then at holden i locked eyes on a ve ss ute in hazard, looks like im gonna be a ute owner again in the future haha :)

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Nar I couldn't haha, you should keep this an get something else, you've done to much to this to just sell it, could always drop a ls1 if you wanted too

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah an cause a vy comes standard with a ls1 you don't need to he a mod plate as far as I know, so it's just swap over pretty much if you get everything

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
2x Kicker CVR's in custom built box on 1200rms@ 1ohm>

when i upgrade amp, i just don't know if i should upgrade to 2 12's like i was thinking 2x Sundown Audio sa-12's or 2x RE Audio SXX12,

also i was thinking if i keep the 18" im not going to have to worry about it being removeable when i install the air bags, because i obviously got like no room for the compressors/tank so they are going in the spare wheel, so i was thinking of building a new box and port it through the middle seat and seal it off, opinions?

ohh and went to the bank today and got my moneys out coz im buying the bags+1 compressor and some fittings and things 2morro, so then il be waiting for my friend to upgrade his then i will be buying the base one kit off him with another compressor and a 1gallon tank and controls etc,

but i am really starting to think to DIY boot setup, any opinions on what subs i should get?, my aim is to go for a 140dB with a low tuned box, i know its not going to be easy in this type of car, but i want to :) il post on the audio section when i've got something in mind before i start buying anything, also amp is going to be 2000rms+ @ 1ohm, looking @ the Hifonics BRZ2100.1 or the BRZ2400.1

ohh and im gonna get a couple rolls of 0g to re the do big three and that, wants to get rid of that Install Bay sht

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
sounds like you"re gonna have a lot of fun tearing apart and building your boot up with all ur audio gear, if you"re gonna tear everything else out and build from the bottom up it might pay to completely soundproof it all? might help reduce those nasty rattles you"ve got. no idea what subs to get to be honest but I think if you mount them in the corners near where the tail lights are on either side it'd look pretty sweet

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
sounds like you"re gonna have a lot of fun tearing apart and building your boot up with all ur audio gear, if you"re gonna tear everything else out and build from the bottom up it might pay to completely soundproof it all? might help reduce those nasty rattles you"ve got. no idea what subs to get to be honest but I think if you mount them in the corners near where the tail lights are on either side it'd look pretty sweet

the thing is.. my boot is already 90% sound treated :p used up 2xbulk packs on it+all 4 doors :)

and yeah idk with the subs in the corners, the "bass" is getting trapped in the boot thats why its not loud in the cabin, which is why ppl put there middle seats down, but its just not enough, so i was discussing with my friend and he rekons to do a bandpass box or if i keep the 18" to re design the box and have the port going through the middle seat sealed off.

i just want to get these bags in and get a bigger amp and then see how it goes with this box i have now, then il start planning and that, and i will most likely need to upgrade front battery and get a second one in the boot. going to take a while for me to save up hehe

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
your need for rediculous bass is going to be a very expensive hobby for you for the rest of your life im guessing haha