Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not too powerful but budget audio setup

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by r3b3lw0lf, Mar 15, 2017.

1. harrop.senator

harrop.senator Member

Members Ride:
    vr senator 355, vu 5 speed l67
    Sorry for un needed post i hadnt read youd already started buying stuff.

2. r3b3lw0lf

r3b3lw0lf New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Excecutive S2
    Hey harrop. Not un needed post so to speak.
    Im totally new this sort of thing, and this is like just the beginning per se. I might even go with the au wagon BUT, that will def be a "budget" system LOL.
    I gotta thirst for knowledge.

Hmmmm those parcel shelf speakers are bloody LOUD.
    They be powered by H/U not the amp aswell.
    I have to have the fader on like 4-6 towards the front. so it sounds like a even car... heard front and back together.
    Think I need to upgrade my front splits?
    He put in phoenix splits ($99)... can update with actual info later (all the boxes still in my boot)
    Any ideas on speakers that could match..... so I can leave the fader level as the middle LOL
    http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pr...-6x9-3-Way-KFC-M6934A/322731?menuFrom=1021681

On the whole... except for the little issue above... have sound better than stock, only need to have my H/U on 20 volume, before I get looks, 25 if I have the shits. never go higher, though I can go another 10 higher LOL
    Dude who installed said I shouldn't go above 0 for sub.

Now if only I could find someone/somehow to get the cig lighter of the of console pocket and below the H/U (need to charge my phone LOL)

3. harrop.senator

harrop.senator Member

Members Ride:
    Do you drive with the front windows down all the time?

The 6x9 3 ways pump theyre 80w rms the phoneix golds are probably 50 or 60 rms. I think my type r's in the front of mine are 100 and type g's in the rear are 80 or so. Theyre a good budgetish speaker. Online deals can see them for around 2-250 a pair for the r's and 130-180 for the g's.

They're one of the highest power speakers for the money 100w rms a side is an expensive unit and like you said youre not having to turn yours up that far so honestly id just get the fader set to preference and enjoy the set up.

TheIts pretty weird theyre still over powering the fronts being un amplified and given your right next to the components.

Its a shame the rears arent amplified as youd just turn the rear channel gain down on the amplifier. If you enjoy the sound who cares what the fader on the headunit says tweak it to your taste.

4. harrop.senator

harrop.senator Member

Members Ride:
    Just looked the phoenix golds up theyre 40w rms so in theory rears are much more powerful then fronts. Being unamplified its hard to say as the head unit amplifiers dont have much go compared to a seperate amp. How far into the wattage range the rears are being pushed is difficult to say.