Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NSW and VIC pplz i want some answers

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
hey i tavelled from berri to bathurst then to sydney then to mebourne last weekend and i noticed that everyone parks backwards to the kerb :confused: wats the go with this because we got warned for parking forwards to the kerb by the store owner???
cheers

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
It's on the signs at each parking area. Most areas are "Reverse Angel Parking". The only place i have seen nose-in parking recently is Ballina or Lismore (one of the two) on the far north coast.

Personally i think it's safer. At least backing in you can see the traffic behind you and you come out with full vision (cept if there's a 4WD or similar next to you) - whereas with nose-in you have to back the arse end of your car out blindly and hope there's nothing coming.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i still think it is more dangerous stopping in the middle of the damn road to reverse into a park LMAO......atleast im the only one in the riverland with a green P plate on my window :king:

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
LMAO I guess it's what your used to. I mean if i am driving down the main drag in town and i see a car slightly off to the side with indicator on then i automatically know s/he's going to be reverse parking and keep clear.

It is a pain in the butt though if you're sitting in reverse with your indicator on and some dick gets right up your arse because it's Thursday and he can't be bothered waiting for a park of his own. Got no choice but to leave it to him - well without creating a scene and possibly a dangerous situation, anyway.

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
i think a towbar would be an option there... he he

ive never really seen it cept for some pics. Yeah it is a real pain reversing out with a bloody van parked there. I just take it quietly when reversin out and most of the roads here allow extra room for those reversing anyhoo.

dewmiester

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr stateo 3.8
ha ha, extra room for reversing out my a$$....River St in Ballina (right in the middle of town) has the nose in parking, the removed the lil safety/extra room for reversing out to make a wide median strip so people dont cross the road to get a park, and to make the worlds widest footpaths on either side(not too sure bout the worlds widest)...

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
its certianly not a vic wide thing. anywhere i have seen in vic (particularly southern) is front entry angle parking. here its on a one way street so backing in would be a useless task!