Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions sort: Series 1 or Series 2???

V

VX_KN079

So what does everyone think?

The VE is going to be to the VZ what the VN was to the VL and the VR was to the VP. Do we all rush out and get a VE when they hit showroom floors or should we wait until Series 2?

Personally, I think the days of releasing a vehicle with serious problems are history given the amount of $$$ invested in development and testing but there is still a part of me that says "you should wait until at least Series 2 just in case". The flip side of that of course is you could wait forever when realistically, nothing is ever going to be perfect...

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
VX_KN079 said:
So what does everyone think?

The VE is going to be to the VZ what the VN was to the VL and the VR was to the VP. Do we all rush out and get a VE when they hit showroom floors or should we wait until Series 2?

Personally, I think the days of releasing a vehicle with serious problems are history given the amount of $$$ invested in development and testing but there is still a part of me that says "you should wait until at least Series 2 just in case". The flip side of that of course is you could wait forever when realistically, nothing is ever going to be perfect...

VN was a complete new model and was full of problems (if I remember I think it was every second car that had a warranty concern). The VT1 was full of problems as well. So I believe that the VE will have it's bugs. The problem is as the car has to be within a price range sometimes Holden see it cheaper to fix problems the car will have under warranty than change the part.
Holden isn't the only manufacturer with this problem Ford has it with their complete new models as other manufacturers. Just the problems faced in the manufacturing in the car can be the reason the car has lots of problems. Than there is the problem with the car that never came up in testing.

V

vc_brock_commodore

i wouldn't race out and by the new VE as soon as it hits the showrooms, i would wait until they become cheap say 6-12months. but it's up to you weither you want to rush out and by one for over $30,000 or wait till the price of the VE's are in there $20-28000 mark.

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Tomorrow never comes

Any totally new car is going to have bugs...although with computer testing and the benefit of hind site plus substantive testing - you would like to think that the scope for mistakes is getting smaller.

I would go for the series 1 (hoping the SS shapes up) - acknowleging that the Series 2 would be 18 months to 2 years away - only to be replaced in a further 18 months by the VF(?) series - so you can keep on waiting and time will just pass you buy.

Holden also know that any bugs and adverse PR is to be avoided for the greater good - bit like Microsoft - except at least you have more chance getting a sensible error code and fix out of holden!!!

V

VX_KN079

vc_brock_commodore said:
i wouldn't race out and by the new VE as soon as it hits the showrooms, i would wait until they become cheap say 6-12months. but it's up to you weither you want to rush out and by one for over $30,000 or wait till the price of the VE's are in there $20-28000 mark.

Um, so read my OP mate. Your answer has nothing to do with the topic. 6 - 12 months and they'll be $20-28000 huh? Well some of us do want a BRAND NEW CAR!!! Show me a 6 - 12 month old SV6, SV8 or SS that's never been owned by anyone for $20-28000...

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
In the past we have had some major leaps after a period of stagnate design. Take the HZ to VB, XC to XD, XF to EA or VL to VN. All major leaps.

I think this will be a more VN to VT kinda change. Nothing styling wise to dramatic but with some nice stuff. By that I mean stability control, hydraulic engine mounts and alike.

The VY/VZ and BA's series cars have bought Ausssie made cars to have almost as many features as European or US cars.

The next major hurdle is built quality, increased rigidity
and refinement.

Good, yes but get into a same price Jap car after 50,000km and a Aussie made car the differences are very obvious.

V

vc_brock_commodore

VX_KN079 said:
Um, so read my OP mate. Your answer has nothing to do with the topic. 6 - 12 months and they'll be $20-28000 huh? Well some of us do want a BRAND NEW CAR!!! Show me a 6 - 12 month old SV6, SV8 or SS that's never been owned by anyone for $20-28000...

Mate all i can tell ya is that when paying cash you can get it cheaper.

V

VX_KN079

vc_brock_commodore said:
Mate all i can tell ya is that when paying cash you can get it cheaper.

You won't EVER get a BRAND NEW Commodore for $20-28000 (the amount you are saying) no matter HOW you pay for it... Unless that's what the prices are in your world.