Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oscar Pistorus

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
And back to jail he goes , facing 15 years in jail for murder, after the South African court of appeal over turns the original sentence , can't help but think , good .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
YEah, he got off light the first time around.

Now to await round 3 of the Cairns saga :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
My wife, who was born and raised into her teens in Joburg, has been adamant from day 1 that regardless of whether or not he did or didn't do it (and we both think he did) that it's absolutely 100% possible he thought he was being home invaded and that his life was genuinely in danger.

Houses in Joburg have internal steel bar security doors to lock yourselves into the bedroom section of your home. People sleep with guns next to their pillows. There are 10 foot fences around homes with spikes and razor wire on top and double security gates where you go through the first one, wait for it to close making sure nobody has tail gated you inside, and then the internal gates open.

So while the rest of the world, who simply don't understand the shitful existence white people have in South Africa, think he's making excuses, really he was probably shitting his pants - literally!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^^^ That's all well and true, but didn't he notice that she wasn't in bed next to him when he woke and heard noises? If that was me, the fist thing I would do in those type of circumstances would be to wake and warn my partner of possible intruders as I reach for the nearest side arm!

Been home invaded or not, you still shouldn't fire blindly without knowing and identifying the target.

My supervisor is from J Burg too, he survived a home invasion, they took everything they had and left him and his missus tied up fortunately when many home invasions/burglaries end much worse.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Yup - my Father in Law was gassed in his own house when thankfully everyone else was away overnight. They quietly drilled a hole into the lounge room where he was watching TV and pumped the gas in slowly.

He felt like he was getting tired and feeling a bit sick so went to bed and locked the security gate to the bedrooms behind him - lucky for him. Woke up the next morning with a huge mess and anything of value taken.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Been home invaded or not, you still shouldn't fire blindly without knowing and identifying the target.

in those countries, its usually safer to shoot first and ask questions later.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not if your famous :rofl2: