Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pacemaker vs Redback,genie or hurricane Extractors

Discussion in 'V6 Development And Modification' started by wade.adams, May 17, 2012.

1. wade.adams

wade.adams New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ S UTE
    G'day
    New here, looking at getting aftermarket extractors for my VZ ute which are better???
    There all the same size except the hurricane which are slightly larger. Are there actual differences other than price?
    Not gonna go with ceramic coating i'll just use heat wrap.

Cheers

2. someguy360

someguy360 Active Member

Members Ride:
    WM Caprice V8 - VR Statesman V8 - Audi 90 Quattro
    If its a V6 I would go Advance....used them on all my V6's so far.....they are more setup for low down torque which is what you want from a 6.

If V8 then go pacemakers as that gives you good gains right round.

Wouldn't use pacies on a 6 as they tend to not give you gains in the right spots

3. Not_An_Abba_Fan

Not_An_Abba_Fan Exhaust Guru

Members Ride:
    Prado
    Depends on what exhaust note you want. All of those are long tube headers which require the relocation of the cats. This eliminates the two small resonators under the car and gives the exhaust a raspy quality. I do HiTech short tube headers as well as the long tube. The short tube keep the cats in the factory location and also keep the resonators. These do not make the exhaust sound raspy (but also depends on which system you have). I do them for $395 shipped for the extractors. You will need to cut a small section off the front of the cat pipes and weld on a flange for them to bolt up, but they keep the cats and sensors in the factory positions.

Seeing as this thread is in the V6 section, I would assume it is for a V6.

4. wade.adams

wade.adams New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ S UTE
    Yes its a 6. Advance headers on ebay say they need to be welded on i don't have that option as i've never used a welder and don't know anyone thats any good with one. i need direct bolt on to standard cats but will consider a good set of aftermarket cats that will bolt on to my current xforce 2.25 stainless cat back system.
    Cheers

5. Not_An_Abba_Fan

Not_An_Abba_Fan Exhaust Guru

Members Ride:
    Prado
    No extractors will bolt directly to the factory cats. I do replacement bolt on high flow cats for an extra $715. They will bolt to the short tube headers and fit straight up to the system.