Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Parts manufacturing and 3D printing

Ballzup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 1984
Hi all. Just putting a call out to anyone that may have had experience in having parts (plastic & rubber) manufactured for their ride either by injection mould or 3D printed.

I can't find good quality outer door moulds for my VH so the next option is to have them made.

Wondering if anyone has any experience in arranging something like this, what the process was and how much it cost.

Cheers

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Is there any particular reason why you want rubber or plastic, why not fibreglass?

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I don't know they have the tech to do rubber.

I'm waiting to the 3D printers get slighly cheaper. In 12month or so I need some custom curved air trumpets for one of my cars. 3D print will be ideal.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
3D printed parts are usually stiff plastic and just for demonstration/ prototype models etc.

You need to find a place that does extruded rubber like Peter Jacksons Old rubber co if they are still open or rare spares

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
You can get rubber filament now that is flexible, Im testing it in my printer at the moment.
Im using this filament

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballzup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 1984
3D printed parts are usually stiff plastic and just for demonstration/ prototype models etc.

You need to find a place that does extruded rubber like Peter Jacksons Old rubber co if they are still open or rare spares

Rare spares don't have them. Well not at the moment anyway.

Another option is to have a bulk lot made in China and then try and sell off the leftovers. Wouldn't have a clue of what that would cost though.

greezly09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive s2
for me a 3D printer was too comlecated :(

holly77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
did u find cheap one? on market prices are really high. In my case, a 3D printer was just an expensive machine that was gifted to me on my birthday. I sold it and decided to buy a much more important and practical device - a color printer. On this site mrdepot.ca, I found a quality printer of my dream. These guys claim that they have the best printers and cartridges. I am absolutely happy with my new printer and definitely use their services again! Check out their site for more info!

Last edited: