Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paul's VZ SV6

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
what's the go with adjusting the accelerator pedal? i've not heard of this...

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
You feel any improvement?? besides an induction sound. Or u havent tested it out yet?

Did feel abit more responsive but maybe that was just my imagination. I take it for a drive up to The Entrance on Sunday gave it some stick on the F3, difinitely hear the induction roar at 110 haha. Oh & fuel was sitting at around 7-7.1L/100km on the way there, which is pretty good. Did drop down to 6.9 just before u enter the 100 zone nth of the Hawkesbury.

what's the go with adjusting the accelerator pedal? i've not heard of this...

Have a read of this:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vz-holden-commodore-2004-2006/118768-gas-peddel-lag.html

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha yeah i know hey!

Yeah no worries.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey ppls bit of an update

Slowly progressing with the VZ Calais trim. Ive got the B pillar trims on there way, also in the progress of getting the Rear C pillar trim hopefully i get these, as there hard to come buy on ebay. Just need grab handles & rear centre trim, oh & the lining itself

Also gave the car a decent wash & polish, hadnt done it since it was detailed last May.
Still have the MACE CAI in, it hasnt really made that much a difference, will prob go back to the Std box, just gotta enlarge the second hole.

Lastly, have started on the sound sys install. The Amp will sit ontop of a sheet metal plate, which will be mounted inside the boot underneath the parcel shelf. Have marked out where to drill the holes, just gotta do it now.
Had a go installing the rear speaker grills on the parcel shelf but made the hole abit to big, so the grill just falls in lol. Might just buy a VZ calais shelf with the grills already there.

Peace out
Paul

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Walt,

Yeah it was, its not all its cracked up to be, in my opinion. Lucky i didnt spend $270, no way its worth that!

Not that i think so, its not a enclosed POD, its a semi enclosed cause there are still areas where hot air can enter. Like at the right hand corner of the radiator, theres a gap about 2in wide running from the underside of the radiator shroud to the chassis rail below. With the std airbox & 2 hole mod, you eliminate that cause if the MCAI shroud.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Giday Paul, I'm not to keen on your painted front Lion mate..

You can't beat a bit of chrome with all that black.

Just my 2 bobsworth..Give me back some change if you wish

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Each to there own, mate.
No change, u can keep ur 2 bobsworth!:thumbsup:

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
I've thought about spraying mine the same colour as the car.. but black looks much better than the standard chrome imo.

Did you paint your bonnet protector? Where do you even get them from.. i am in desperate need for my stone chipped bonnet