Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paul's VZ SV6

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Thanx mate,

Well so far:
A Pillar trim x2: $40
B Pillar trim x2: $110 (had to get the drv side trim from Holden which is $70, this includes the seat beat adjuster)
Seat Belt adjusters x2: $18 (have one as a spare)
C Pillar trim x2: $60 (waiting a response from the seller)
Grab handles x4: $16 (trade) each from Holden
Rear upper Garnish (sits between C pillars): x1 Qouted $85 from Holden (will hold off on this for a bit)
No way im going to ask Holden how much the C pillar trims are!:banstick:

So far have spent: $240

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Thanx mate,

Well so far:
A Pillar trim x2: $40
B Pillar trim x2: $110 (had to get the drv side trim from Holden which is $70, this includes the seat beat adjuster)
Seat Belt adjusters x2: $18 (have one as a spare)
C Pillar trim x2: $60 (waiting a response from the seller)
Grab handles x4: $16 (trade) each from Holden
Rear upper Garnish (sits between C pillars): x1 Qouted $85 from Holden (will hold off on this for a bit)
No way im going to ask Holden how much the C pillar trims are!:banstick:

So far have spent: $240

That's a great price, but i guess you've done the hard work searching for the parts. It should look great when your done aye..
If you remember amanda's VY SS(from northwest customs). She did the black Calais roof conversion aswell, but i think she spent around the $1000 mark.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
S

StealthCalais

Sounds like its coming along nicely! It'll be great to see the results. I'm curious... what is the interior lining like on the SV6's is it that shale colour?

I really like my black lining, just assumed it was standard on all the models.

Also... how do you find the 20% tint? Seems like its the perfect darkness. 5% on the back would be pretty awesome too! Hard to see out in day/night?

B

BXHD

Cheers Bec,
Where have u been lately? haven't seen u on the forums in awhile!

been hiding :p haha.
nah i took my thread down because it was full of crap and i was selling my car because i lost my job.. then found out it's an ex-write off (repairable) and yeah.. kinda blows. but im keeping it now and going all out on it as i have a new job and my resale value is ****ed anyway hahaha.
gonna start fresh soon when i have a few more updates :)

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's a great price, but i guess you've done the hard work searching for the parts. It should look great when your done aye..
If you remember amanda's VY SS(from northwest customs). She did the black Calais roof conversion aswell, but i think she spent around the $1000 mark.

Yeah it's taken time finding the parts im after, hopefully i wont be going over the $500 mark. So far so good!:smoking:

Sounds like its coming along nicely! It'll be great to see the results. I'm curious... what is the interior lining like on the SV6's is it that shale colour?

I really like my black lining, just assumed it was standard on all the models.

Also... how do you find the 20% tint? Seems like its the perfect darkness. 5% on the back would be pretty awesome too! Hard to see out in day/night?

Cheers Theon,
Yeah its the shale colour, not the flashest around! Well i haven't seen an VZ calais with the shale lining so the black might be std on them.

No issue's as of yet, have to put the windows down so i can see when reversing into the Garage at night, lol. Its perfect at night, u can see out fine but cant see in:smoking:!

been hiding :p haha.
nah i took my thread down because it was full of crap and i was selling my car because i lost my job.. then found out it's an ex-write off (repairable) and yeah.. kinda blows. but im keeping it now and going all out on it as i have a new job and my resale value is ****ed anyway hahaha.
gonna start fresh soon when i have a few more updates :)

Yeah i can see that.
Yeah there was a fair bit of chat in that thread, it was its own chat thread, lol.
U gone through a few up n downs, at least its all coming good for ya!

S

StealthCalais

Cheers Theon,
Yeah its the shale colour, not the flashest around! Well i haven't seen an VZ calais with the shale lining so the black might be std on them.

No issue's as of yet, have to put the windows down so i can see when reversing into the Garage at night, lol. Its perfect at night, u can see out fine but cant see in:smoking:!

Yeah I'd imagine it is standard, either way it looks awesome!

Haha I can just picture trying to reverse with the 5%! Yeah I think I'll have to go with the 20% for the sides definitely, maybe 10% on the back.

I'm just worried the interior will still make it lighter than it is. Because with my 35% at the moment its pretty light!

Had much luck finding the acclerator assy./pedal yet?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Looking tidy as Paul! :beer chug:

Yeah, I'd hate to ask Holden how much for the 'C' Pillar trims too, sometimes they can be resonable with prices, (like the grab handles, for example) and others they want a lot more than things are worth, (in my opinion anyway!) :p

Pretty sure the VZ Calais came out with the black roof too.

Should look very nice once you get all the bits together, keep the updates comin! :smoking:

B

BXHD

Yeah i can see that.
Yeah there was a fair bit of chat in that thread, it was its own chat thread, lol.
U gone through a few up n downs, at least its all coming good for ya!

hahaha yeah was pretty bad :p
ummm well its getting worse for me currently.. had problem after problem.. car is currently undrivable :cry: think wheel barings are ****ed :( GAY. so gotta find the cash and get that done.. then get a RWC.. then let the mods begin :D yeeeeooowwww.. very interested in the calais roof ur doing. looks great! if only u were in vic u could help me :( lol.

need more pics :)