Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Inlet Manifolds - HOLDEN V8 304

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
RVK 355 said:
What is the specs of the motor that the manifold is goin to go onto??
Holden V8 304 5 LITRE 1991 VN SS,284 Crane Cam,Anti Pump Lifters,Crane Valve Springs,Crane Valve Locks,Roller Rockers ,3.7.3 Rebuilt Diff incl Crown Wheel & Pinon 3.9.1 Gears,Super 4 Bosch Plugs,500hp MSD Ignition Fuel Pump,Surge Tank,8.8mm Spiral Wire Top Gun Leads,Shift Kit,HSV Headers,Single 2.5" Exhaust, CAI + K & N,HSV 185i ECU

Head Work,Haltech Engine Mangement,harrop Inlet,3000 High Stall,Power Bond Balancer,Roller Rockers Next on the list

Last edited:

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
RVK 355 said:
if your only goin with the crane 284 and standard stroke, go with a DP manifold rather then a SP
Why is that mate? any thing else you recommend for the 5 Litre,something not to over the top just nice subtle and decent times down the 1/4 and power on the dyno.

What would you suggest to do 1st along with the installation of the cam--- list of 2 do is in previous post by me. :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I agree Subdue, I did my research about this a while ago, the torque power dual plane or the new super fancy torque power high rise dual plane is where its at! :)

RVK 355

M0DERAT0R
Reaction score
Members Ride
The real R series 355
subdue said:
Why is that mate? any thing else you recommend for the 5 Litre,something not to over the top just nice subtle and decent times down the 1/4 and power on the dyno.

What would you suggest to do 1st along with the installation of the cam--- list of 2 do is in previous post by me. :)

Reason being is the single plain is more suited for motor with mid to top end performaces more of a power band range of 3500rpm+, dual plain is more suited for motors with bottom end to mid end performace

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
In regards with cost of manifold and drilling etc. I have just bought a harrop manifold, it cost $700 new plus $180 for machining and drilling of holes. I got mine from Kwinana performance in W.A. I'm running a Holley 1000cfm tb. The holley is a bit more expensive than some others but the come with everything you need. I'm from adelaide and Sawka performance is the best place to get your bits, He's located on Main North road.. He's doing a motor for my Cousin and he reckons the Harrop is outdated. He has a point, They are 15 years old. Speak to him and he will put you in the right direction.
My set up is in a Vr 215 senator running interal engine mods and head work. 286 cam etc

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
sir355 said:
In regards with cost of manifold and drilling etc. I have just bought a harrop manifold, it cost $700 new plus $180 for machining and drilling of holes. I got mine from Kwinana performance in W.A. I'm running a Holley 1000cfm tb. The holley is a bit more expensive than some others but the come with everything you need. I'm from adelaide and Sawka performance is the best place to get your bits, He's located on Main North road.. He's doing a motor for my Cousin and he reckons the Harrop is outdated. He has a point, They are 15 years old. Speak to him and he will put you in the right direction.
My set up is in a Vr 215 senator running interal engine mods and head work. 286 cam etc

Yea thats why im eventually going to use the come manifold you get the lot bolt straight on. Just need to modify the fuel rails which is piss easy. Good luck with it mate.

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
if you get a high top manifold it will have a tunnel ram efect and it will help with finding those wanted kw's

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
And isn't that what we are all after. Cheap kw. I'm putting a 2 inch spacer on my harrop. Kwinana performance have seens gains around 20hp at the treads for a $100 outlay

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
And isn't that what we are all after. Cheap kw. I'm putting a 2 inch spacer on my harrop. Kwinana performance have seens gains around 20hp at the treads for a $100 outlay
WHAT is ur mods mate to ur VR. what the deal with the spacer