Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Inlet Manifolds - HOLDEN V8 304

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
Subdue, here's what yout want. I've mentioned it before but anyways, no other manifold is going to get you down the 1/4 mile faster than this one in a auto 5 liter, it still makes comparable top end hp to the good single planes but the bottom end and midrage is FAR better

http://www.torque-power.com.au/dual_plane_vn-vt1.htm

I agree with Greenfoam.
this is the intake maifold i would choose. the only thing i dislike with the manifold is the use of a carby. or carby type setup.

i'm currenty thinking of using this manifold and a system that will be able to use a throttle body set up like the std one. but it might be a 90mm throttle body.

cheers

Attachments

• vn-vt_dual_machined2.gif
    vn-vt_dual_machined2.gif
    181.7 KB · Views: 408

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I agree with Greenfoam.
this is the intake maifold i would choose. the only thing i dislike with the manifold is the use of a carby. or carby type setup.

i'm currenty thinking of using this manifold and a system that will be able to use a throttle body set up like the std one. but it might be a 90mm throttle body.

cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Inner-Active...yZ130666QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's what you use to adapt twin throttles to the manifold, but I'd be cutting a slot right through the active hat and putting a divider in it for this manifold. The only thing I'm slightly worried about with this manifold is that the shear size of ports on the thing might be a bit big for a mild 304 and that perhaps it's more suited to a stroker and beyond, but you have that same problem with every go fast manifold on the market. They do also make a smaller dual plane

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Inner-Active...yZ130666QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's what you use to adapt twin throttles to the manifold, but I'd be cutting a slot right through the active hat and putting a divider in it for this manifold. The only thing I'm slightly worried about with this manifold is that the shear size of ports on the thing might be a bit big for a mild 304 and that perhaps it's more suited to a stroker and beyond, but you have that same problem with every go fast manifold on the market. They do also make a smaller dual plane
you upgrade the manifold,tbody only if you expect to flow more than 400hp. With the port size, i guess post matching the heads and compression change + the stroker engine would flow quite well.

I would like some costing and dyno figures,I am still undecided what to do,i might even keep the stock inlet and get the Bananas Polished

I recently read on www.hsvforum.com about the STARR Inlet : One User on there with a 5Litre reported little more from mid range to top end, with a loss down low around 5kw 2 flywheel, Also found out that
Harrop have a new manifold, twin throttle body design, the hurricane so i will look into that!

Last edited:

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
ok ill start of with this, as a tip for most out there, have been there and done inlet manifolds before, and hold a little as im releasing one very shortly. as some know (subdue).

ok 230rwkw isnt much for a 5.7ltr stroker, ive pulled this many times with just a 5.0litre with a solid cam.

have got a new combination that ill be dyno tuning in a couple of weeks, stroker with a even bigger solid cam.

Me personally ive delt with a car that had a walker twin throttle body manifold, and the car went backwards, due to the amount of torque that the engine lost just from manifold design...

Engine is a pump, it only needs certain amount of air, heres a formula for the amount of air a engine requires. www.holley.com and have a read.

u dont need big twin throttle bodies manifolds at all, hence ls1's use a 75mm throttle body, to produce 300rwkw...........

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
here are some more pics of duel's

here a sum pics of the Group A manifold, a few custom manifolds and another maifold produced by a holden racing team.. Giocattolo Group B maifold????

also a pic of a single plan mainfold with the active hat and twin throttle bodies and another with a gas set up.

Attachments

• 4b_1.jpg
    4b_1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 654
  • 4c_12.jpg
    4c_12.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 976
  • 2d_1.jpg
    2d_1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 646
  • 7f_1_b.jpg
    7f_1_b.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,106
  • be_1_b.jpg
    be_1_b.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 604
  • 47_1.jpg
    47_1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 34_1.jpg
    34_1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 888
  • 15_12.jpg
    15_12.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 622
  • cb_1.jpg
    cb_1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 587

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
i'm happy with the harrop and 1000cfm tb, with my combo, every intake is suited to different needs. If you want a well behaved streetable combo, go the duel plane t-p or come ttb, if you want an agry combo go the harrop or similar.

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
i was looking at the come manifold because my hz is going to be a semi show car but with heaps of power

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Are these manifolds legal? Thought id ask. I have to change to a less lumpier cam might so i might aswell do the manifold at the same time.I have to get my defect cleared. Keeping in mind it has to pass immisions. :(

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
well my harrop setup passes imisions, it runs all the same hoses etc.