Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Inlet Manifolds - HOLDEN V8 304

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
So does the come but just want to make sure i can pass. Do the manifolds change the emissions in anyway?

RVK 355

M0DERAT0R
Reaction score
Members Ride
The real R series 355
Dan they wont pass you if you put the COME manifold on.

and yes a manifold can change the emmisons, youl be suprised what can make the motor change imisions

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
down here in vic you dont have to pass an emissions test to get a rwc.
but im not sure about an engineers certifict

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
get your hand's on a grp a twin manifold from a VN around $900+ not to hard

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
Mate don't know where you have seen the group a ttb manifold for 900 bucks, tell me where and ill buy 10. You would be lucky to find one below 5000. And you need the different rocker covers, which if you don't get with the manifold can cost you around the 1000 mark..

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Cheeers mondo didnt think they will pass it with an aftermarket manifold. Bastards! Im trying to save myself as much cash/time as possible but theres no way around it :(
I have to get emision test done as they defected me for cam and comp :(
Haha that's a good one $900 for group a mani, gimme. But i will need a manifold that has the tb's situated at the front as it will be blown eventually. Makes it alot easier.

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0/vy sv8/r31 rb20
guys i spoke to a guy from torque power and he says he tested his dual plane manifold on a completely standard 5l vn and before ran 15.9 and after ran 15.3. he ran efi hardware's 4 barrel style throttle body and a good tune on dyno. i think all up manifold and throttle body around $1700 mark. love to try one on mine! I ran 15.0's in my calais completely stock

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's great except you can easily loose half a second from a tune alone on the 5 liter. But looking at the manifold if should work really well. I think it would be making _alot_ more power in the last 1000 revs over the bananas but that doesn't really add up to much over a 1/4 mile where the first 60 feet is almost everything

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0/vy sv8/r31 rb20
just handing on some info might help someone out anyway. but yes almost all the manifolds will quite easily make more power high in the revs as the bananas were designed for what the market were looking for (at the time). its obvious holden new how to make it better (walky/groupa) it just sux that all 5l efi didnt get them!!

Ls2_307

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0
Theres another new choice which is only fairly recent. Its based on the Vn Grp A setup and is made by a mob called Trickshift.

they tested it on a stock 5ltr with a 185 chip, and had approx a 20% gain... they are testing a 355 mule in a few weeks aswell. they have compared it to other manifolds, and hp figures were not far off the likes of group a, but there manifold had greater midrange torque.

The manifold runners themselves have been ported in areas to make flow consitant the length of the runner. At the top of the runners is a 2 part plenum, and the base part of the plenum has bellmouths leading into the ports to assist airflow. It has been in development for 2 years and the throttle bodies are twin V6 for 5litre, and one V6 and one V8 for a 355 application.

The rear throttle body is on a 30% delay, but opens faster so both throttle bodies reach WOT at the same time. At this time they have no plans for a drivers side outlet, as the tooling for such a cast change is rather expensive, and not feasible at this point. They made it as stock as possible and bolts straight on , the only mod you need to do is shorten the kickdown cable. It fits directly under the bonnet with extra room aswell so no bonnet bulge is required , it provide easy dizzy access (not like the hidden one on standards 5lt donks) and it also runs of the factory comp and no tuning will be required.

Price seems to be around $1800 - $2000

*Info from another post from another forum