Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peter Brock - Australian Touring Car Championships

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
A lot of people rate Peter Brock as the greatest driver in touring car history and it got me wondering should he have won more touring car championships. He won three (1974, 1978 and 1980) whilst Mark Skaife and Dick Johnson have five and Jim Richards and Allan Moffat have four. I was interested to hear people's opinions about whether Peter Brock should have won more championships and if so which years. I think he missed a couple of events in 1984 when he was off racing overseas and I think there was controversy in 1982 when he lost points from six rounds because of illegal cylinder heads. Another thought that crossed my mind was whether the Commodore in particular was up to the job in the early years. Certainly at one stage in Group A it had trouble being competitive with the likes on BMW and the Sierras let alone Godzilla.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I remember Brocky pissing me off when I asked him for and autograph as a 8 year old after the Sandown 500 in 1981.