Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer

J

Jase VK

Hey all,

I was just wonderin wat people think of Pioneers DEH-P555OMP Deck? It's on sale at the mo, was $599 now $468 and i was thinkin of Buyin it, if i do, this will be my first car sterio, 2 go wit my first car, n e way, if ya can just let me know wat u think of it.

Thanx

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
Any pioneer top of the range headunits are good and a great start for your system.Just add amps, subs and good quality 6x9's and good splits in the front and crank it up!

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I couldn't have say it better myself coastvl.

My current headunit is Pioneer and I've been wrapped with it in the time I've had it (coming up for 2 years this christmas, needs to be upgraded ). My old deck was Alpine and I had planned on going another one but what you got for the price I just couldn't justify it. I have heard numerous people complain about Kenwood and Sony headunits so I would tend to stay clear of them.

My mum is the only one which doesn't have a Pioneer headunit in her car (4 other people in the house including myself), mine so far is the only which has had to go back for repairs due to a broken volume up button but that's very minor and was under warranty anyway.

Just thinking what coastvl was saying, depending how extreme you want to go I would probably stick with 6" speakers rather than 6x9's or 7x10's. I have 6x9's in the back parcel shelf which was a bitch to cutout and put in there. Further on down the track I decided to get some subs, sure the bass is great but you want something with a bit of mid-range which 6" do well.

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
What you say is true Darren,But with 6x9's he could hold off on buying subs because of their great bass producing capabilities.I have all Alpine stuff and I haven't felt the need for subs because of the 6x9's.They would leave more cash to spend on a good amp and good quality cables and splits. Which ever way you go Jase,spend the money on good stuff first and you'll be headed in the right direction.

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
By the way my ALPINE stuff is 9 years old has never missed a beat.(Excuse the pun)And you reckon you need an upgrade Darren.lol
PPS My wife has a Kenwood system in her Barina thats 4 years old and has performed very good also.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
One problem I am having with my current headunit is the fact at times mainly when its warm the screen cuts out and you can't adjust the volume or do anything on the face.

Chances are its probably just dust but its certainly a good enough reason for me to get a new one.

Wow 9 years old, that is very impressive! I was going through a stage of upgrading every 12 months but that was becoming rather costly as you could imagine.

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
Yeah it all works perfect. Thats why I'd prefer to spend extra and get good quality parts first time 'round.I've also got a Sony 10inch sub ,but my mongrel dog put his foot through it! So I've never heard it with the sub.I'm sure you problem is just a dirty conection somewhere.

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
Oh and by the way Darren, Did you know It's illegal to cut the metal in your rear parcel shelf. Just make up an MDF shelf to sit on top of the original one.