Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help! Strange problem

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by AlanWollongong, Mar 6, 2017.

1. AlanWollongong

AlanWollongong New Member

Members Ride:
    VE 2008 60th Anniversary Omega
    Can anyone help me with a strange problem I have with my Holden Commodore VE Omega 2008 60th Anniversary Edition 4 speed Auto? I recently had the engine totally serviced/coils etc. due to loss of power and oil pressure, which made going from top to third under load really weak. Engine now runs sweet as a nut.
    BUT
    It still seemed rough changing gears under load, so I had the transmission serviced. Gear changes now seem smooth
    BUT
    If I am sat at lights, in drive, the car will randomly "kick", like someone is hitting the underneath of my seat with a hammer. It doesn't always do it. Some days it drives fine. The car seems fine under load and at speed. I just get these occasional "kicks". I assume transmission but mechanic says nothing obvious came up during transmission service. I also had a mount replaced in the middle.
    The car feels like something is "loose" which hits something, maybe when at a certain idle speed, or temperature or maybe vibration point. The engine remains smooth, so at a bit of a loss.... any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. MYVESSV8

MYVESSV8 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE 6LT M6
    donuts on the end of tailshaft

3. AlanWollongong

AlanWollongong New Member

Members Ride:
    VE 2008 60th Anniversary Omega
    Thanks!
    My mechanic said he thought both the coupling and the transmission looked ok when they were replacing the transmission mount. Does the coupling need to be taken out to be sure?

4. MYVESSV8

MYVESSV8 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE 6LT M6
    best too. they may look ok but could have cracks in them allowing too much play, new one is about $65 easy to do also, it would only take one of the bolts to be a bit loose and your problems escalate quickly