Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Pontiac] VE query

dannyssvseute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv special ed ute
I have the ssv special ed, I too wondered the same thing. I asked the dealer not to bend the front plate to fit the car as I was going to fabricate a bracket for it but when I picked it up they had already fitted it so with 2 holes already drilled I have left it where it is.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Like i said above, in America they don't need front plates and most likely imported from them.

They arent imported, the cars are made here. They were left over stock from the deal that fell through....

Shame the dealer screwed into your bar danny, i'd fight it if they were given specific instructions not to. Ask for a new bar without screw holes.

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Those special edition "pontiac" ones are so so so ugly..

mi04se1

need for speed
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8GT
Like i said above, in America they don't need front plates and most likely imported from them.

Actually alot of states here require front plates. Thank god Im not in a state that requires them.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Saw a ute the other day. Even from the other side of a 4 lane road, i could see it was mounted dodgy. Didn't even sit level. I'd be pissed if a dealer drilled into my bumper like that (assuming it was the dealer who fitted the new plates)

Shaundy

BMW Technician Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
It does seem like a pretty dodgy way of doing things...I don't think I'b be able to bring myself to take to the new paintwork with a drill...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Where the Pontiac/Holden was sold front numberplate's where not a requirement. Holden didn't think of this when putting them on the aussie cars and have yet to find a solution I believe. What ever sells a few cars I guess. At least the kit isn't as bad as the E2 series. That is fail on an epic scale. Edit: Go me with my rhyming haha

Shaundy

BMW Technician Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
I quite like the E2s. Yeah I think they could be dialled down a little (particularly on the rear bumper) but all in all its quite nice.

Mix 6000

"Balck" VE Maloo R8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo R8
just screwed in like this photo

Hi Love the car..........But the way they mounted the number plate, makes the front look poxy...It does'nt even sit right?....just my 2c worth....cheers.....:)