Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
sounds much better than it looks haha. sounds awesome in my opinion. very clear and responsive. as loud as i want, it hurts my ears before it reaches max. volume so thats enough i rekon haha.
needs more lows though, so looks like more powerful sub/amp when i can afford it.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
looks good mate... now just have to put it all back together! ;)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
looks good mate... now just have to put it all back together! ;)

I've been driving around with in my car looking like that for about 3 months now. I gave up immediately when i couldn't the passenger side kick panel back on......:bang:

Timboy

Never been pulled over!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
Pioneer Head Deck
Sony X-Plod Splits 6"
Sony X-Plod 6.5"s

Kenwood 12" 1200w Sub
Cadence 1000w Amp

Basic, but a lot of fun to turn up drivin through the suburbs :) Especially with my old man in the car... he doesn't like that much :p

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
sweefu may i suggest you use a grommet where you have your RCAs/speaker wire running through that hole in the metal. It is always safer to use one whenever running wiring through metal as will prevent any shorts.

rhysyvtss

chev badges for sale!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
y series r8 clubby, wicked vn
a crazy hsv premium stereo system it cranks lol

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
sweefu may i suggest you use a grommet where you have your RCAs/speaker wire running through that hole in the metal. It is always safer to use one whenever running wiring through metal as will prevent any shorts.

Thanks for that mate, your right i should have .. but i put it all back together today :bang: so next time i'll make sure i do

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
What sort of audio mods can you do in a VZ ute?

The car is practicaly a blank slate for modifications all round

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
^^^ You can replace the stock head-unit with basically whatever you like (single or double DIN), replace the front speakers with 6.5" component (splits) speakers, add a decent amp to power them and sound deaden the doors. If thats not enough for you then it is possible to build a custom subwoofer enclosure ;)

Is that what you wanted to know or something else?

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
hey guys sorry if im bustin your balls but my mate is about to purchase 2 kicker L5 subs and im abit confused about the specifications of these subs
for each sub is
Impedance: 4 Ohm DVC (each)
now i want to no is that 4 ohms per coil or the whole sub im pretty sure its per coil so that means if u run it parrarell its 2 ohms and series 8 ohms
he is running 2 of them on his amp and i want to get 2 ohms from the amp so that means we can only get either 1 ohm or 4 ohms which isent what we neeed.
but the other option is getting 2 x 2 ohm dvc subs which put in series then together on the amp will make it 2 ohms (2 ohms per coil in series makes 4 ohms each sub)

Am i correct please some1 with sufficient knowledge give me an answer holdenboy told me last time but i wanna no which sub option is 4 ohms or 2 ohms. i need the subs to be 4 ohms each so i can have 2 ohm load on the amp cheers