Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Just a quick update. Got a few new items.

Pioneer DEH-P9450MP head unit... Old but has all the sound features I need plus doesn't have the multi-control knob like the new ones :D
Boston Acoustic Z6 front speakers. Currently installed.
Boston Pro60SE rear door speakers. Not installed yet.
Soundstream TR1600/2 (400Wrms x 2). Will run the front speakers, not installed yet.
Audison LRx2.500 (200Wrms x 2). Currently running the front speakers. Will run the rear speakers.
Audison VRx1.500.2 (2000Wrms x 1 @ 1 ohm / 1080Wrms x 1 @ 2 ohm). Currently running at 2 ohm.
Image Dynamics IDmax12 x 2. Currently installed.
Optima Blue Top D34 in engine bay. Currently installed.
Mitsubishi 120A alternator.
Power Absorbed GT12-100C 100A/H for boot. Not installed.
Stinger SR200 high current relay to separate second battery. Not installed yet.
Stinger SHC6030 30F hybrid capacitor. Not installed yet.

RE Audio XXX15. Need to make a test box to see if I can get as good SQ at the IDMax. If not, I may get another 2 IDmax12's.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Well, if the XXX15 dosent work out for you......i suppose i could take it off your hands, LOL :p

Whack it in a ported box and throw 4kw into it, take it to the dark side....where it wants to be :thumbsup:

Aero86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commo, Vx Commo, AP6 Val
Just a quick update. Got a few new items.

Pioneer DEH-P9450MP head unit... Old but has all the sound features I need plus doesn't have the multi-control knob like the new ones :D
Boston Acoustic Z6 front speakers. Currently installed.
Boston Pro60SE rear door speakers. Not installed yet.
Soundstream TR1600/2 (400Wrms x 2). Will run the front speakers, not installed yet.
Audison LRx2.500 (200Wrms x 2). Currently running the front speakers. Will run the rear speakers.
Audison VRx1.500.2 (2000Wrms x 1 @ 1 ohm / 1080Wrms x 1 @ 2 ohm). Currently running at 2 ohm.
Image Dynamics IDmax12 x 2. Currently installed.
Optima Blue Top D34 in engine bay. Currently installed.
Mitsubishi 120A alternator.
Power Absorbed GT12-100C 100A/H for boot. Not installed.
Stinger SR200 high current relay to separate second battery. Not installed yet.
Stinger SHC6030 30F hybrid capacitor. Not installed yet.

RE Audio XXX15. Need to make a test box to see if I can get as good SQ at the IDMax. If not, I may get another 2 IDmax12's.

that multi control knob sux ass

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! OMG DUDE YOU EMBARRASS ME! Why the hell would you link up a Optima baterry to that low wattage set up???!! My friend, 1000wrms could be ran off a factory battery! And why dont you post the cost of your shitty set up on the TV while your at it, $5000 worth of crap is what you have bought.... Whoever picked all that stufff out for you is severly ill-directed.

I wouldnt even boast that system, or show anyone, or even tell people you have a sound system.

Sorry you're giving him **** about having an optima yellow top when you have a capacitor in your setup? Pfft. I'd much rather his setup than yours :thumbsup:

Delivering 4 ohms! hahahaha

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Oh sorry there "Bezz" I havent been on here since my old system... so i wouldnt be laughing too hard, i would hate for you to embarass yourself further.

does your new system deliver 4 ohms?! :bow:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! OMG DUDE YOU EMBARRASS ME! Why the hell would you link up a Optima baterry to that low wattage set up???!! My friend, 1000wrms could be ran off a factory battery! And why dont you post the cost of your shitty set up on the TV while your at it, $5000 worth of crap is what you have bought.... Whoever picked all that stufff out for you is severly ill-directed.

I wouldnt even boast that system, or show anyone, or even tell people you have a sound system.

Seriously get a life, if holden_4aw_lyfe likes their system then good for them, no need for you to act like a wanker. Why get a Optima for a system like that? Because the whole car uses the damn battery not just the sound system. How do you know that holden_4aw_lyfe doesn't go bush or out somewhere where a high capacity batter is good insurance?

Get of your damn high horse and let people post thier systems up without having to worry about wankers slandering them.

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Im still wondering if he is actually serious???

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i honestly thought holden_4_lyfe's system was pretty good?

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah it looks good, and i'd imagine theres plenty of custom work there too....i know if i spent that kinda money on a system / install i'd be opting for a $300 battery anyday....just some people i suppose.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I'd rather have a good solid battery with many uses, then a crap capacitor that only has one use.