Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with my vp

Julia Nash

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp berliner
I have a vp that started playing up in 42 degree temp yesterday. I don't know if the temp is just coincidental.
Put fuel in it that morning.
Drove for 30mins non stop and then it started chugging like it wasn't getting fuel.
Motor was bouncing all over the place. Pulled over and it stalled.
Temp Guage was normal. Plenty of water in radiator.
Waited 20 mins and it started again.
Drove 30 km no probl er m.
Stopped at lights and it started chugging again
Kept foot on accelerator and it chugged across intersection very slowly. Stalled when I took my foot off accelerator. Waited 3-4 mins and it strated again. Drove it another 10 km home no problem. Once again temp Guage fine.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
cas/dfi module could be getting flaky they tend to brake down when hot..easiest option is to carry some water and pour it over the cas when it happens again..if car starts right up and runs fine thats most likely issue....You can try checking error codes...Or you may have just picked up some bad fuel

Julia Nash

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp berliner
Hi
cas/dfi module could be getting flaky they tend to brake down when hot..easiest option is to carry some water and pour it over the cas when it happens again..if car starts right up and runs fine thats most likely issue....You can try checking error codes...Or you may have just picked up some bad fuel
Thanks. Will give it a try. Plenty of hot weather today to test out.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Yeah,you just have to work thru. the possibilities,as mentioned CAS,Coil Pack/DFI,if its not a bad dose of fuel it also could be your Fuel pump close to failing completely instead of intermittently.