Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about BT1's. (mine in particular)

BT1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT1 VR SS
Hey guys, I've just purchased myself an SS.

It has HSV badges on the rear, a HSV CAI, and also running a knock sensor. (185kw).

It's an auto.
It has Calais interior but says "SS Commodore" on the dash. (Power windows etc)
Fog lights and fog light switch on dash (genuine)
It does NOT have cruise control??

It's IRS, has a LSD, and also has a full "SS" body kit.

My question is, did any of the BT1's come out with the "SS" body kit on them? Like, maybe a cheif or detectives car or something...?

Just wondering as to if this kit has been put on in the factory. Or just attached afterwards. Because it looks as though its been there from day dot.

My understanding was they were all executives done up with bits and pieces..

Any info would be great..

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
HSV Badges , Kit , Body kit , Fog light switch , Seats , Have been added not original..

They had ss seats , some had front power windows , cruise control i think was optional.. , irs and lsd is factory. They had the cop cluster , fe2 suspension , bigger tank , and the dash lights up with a backing bolb at night when the lights are off. Also calais intirior lights , 15/7 chasers , sump gaurd , random holes , myth cop chip ,

As for the 185kw thats probley a badge on the cover the guy put on it.. And the knock sensor would have been added ? Unless its had a hsv motor fitted some time! Whats the 2 numbers that start the engine number eg (vu)

And pics of the tags and car etc would be great!

Most likely its a ex highway patrol.. What colour is it ? Most of the detective ones wernt V8's

Pull the build sheet out under the drivers side front carpet. Its like a birth certificate lols but me and the other decode guys can help you out with the specs etc..

Do a search on here type in build sheets , bt1 specs etc..

Cheers!

Last edited:

BT1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT1 VR SS
It also has airbags. Lol. I'll get the vin up and maybe you could see what you could find out. I'll also look formthis birth cert.. Thanks mate

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
It also has airbags. Lol. I'll get the vin up and maybe you could see what you could find out. I'll also look formthis birth cert.. Thanks mate

No worries! And some of the car..!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
So is it an SS or a Calais? Because you're claiming it's a VR SS....which would mean that all the SS stuff would have been there from factory dont ya think?

If it is a BT1, factory seats were probably so flogged out when the next owner got it they needed to find some new seats to put in.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think he is claiming his BT1 as a SS cause there are pretty simmilar in spec.. And he thinks it is prehaps.!

ghost778

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS ex-highway persuite, VR clubsport, VR ute
Mine has SS stickers and SS interior no electric windows no spoilers it had white rims 205/r15 the as was in a different spot under the bonnet the sped cluster had a little light in the top of it if you pulled up the centre console it had bt1 written on a sticker and there was waiting plugs there for lights under the dash 3-8 diff gears and it was auto
Take your in number into holden and get them to check it for u they can tell you what it came with from factory b4 it went to get tuned up

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
They didnt have BT1 ss cop cars in vr or vs they were all exec with few ss mods, mines got full ss interior and stickers buts its never going to be a real ss.

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
GTS-replica, 185kw was achievable by fitting the sensor and a chip... So 185kw it likely has.