Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reality TV

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Just want to have a rant about reality tv shows

We all have enough assholes in our life. Why do we as a society sit through hours of mostly celebrity wannabes bitching to each other via fabricated and edited for a purpose storylines. We have enough crap in our lives, why expose ourselves to more.

There are particular shows that particularly **** me. Biggest loser is one. It is fake from the point of view that the weigh-ins aren't weekly, a fair amount of cling wrap is used, and contestants will fast and even visit a sauna before the 'weekly' weigh in. Contestants starve themselves, and do intense cardio for 6 hours a day. Many contestants go on to either put weight back on or develop an eating disorder. It is sadly false hope to the masses who want to lose weight and keep it off.

Master chef is another thing. Main issue is that contestants can be given 3-5 goes at making a dish. Not fake but really bending the truth.

Then there is kardashians, Jersey shore etc. one YouTube commenter summed it up with 'thanks to watching 5 minutes of that I now have to watch all 13 episodes of Carl sagan's cosmos to de stupid myself'.

If this is what constitutes as reality to many people, as a society, we are done for.

Rant over for now.....

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
mate I am with you 1000% on this...CANT stand all these b.s shows,yet they are ratings winners according to the networks?? once again,copy the yanks.........FML

It has got me stuffed how people can watch any of this ****????? EVER!!...smaller rant also over lol

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Don't watch them, there are other TV channels out there...

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Reality TV is kind of the modern day Victorian freak show .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I don't really get it either, I have asked my girl friend why she insists on watching it, also shows like Neighbours, Shitland Street, homos & away, the only thing I can come up with is she wants some time to just be dumb.

I have come to the conclusion that as she is quite smart her down time is to dumb herself down for a few hours a day.

Me that crap just winds me to despair! I usually go and watch air crash investigators, myth busters or similar for at least a little stimulation.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shows like mega structures pique my interest .

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Don't watch them, there are other TV channels out there...

Oh no I don't! An issue is that there is such little quality tv on free to air these days. It's mainly reality. Thankfully we have the foxtel. The only things I would regularly watch on free to air include downton abbey (yes is technically a soapie but I feel it's classy, dignified, very well done), and various 'whodunits'. I'll watch the local news but not the Sydney news.

On foxtel I enjoy various history channel, bbc knowledge, discovery channel programming. We get discovery turbo max. On it I like mecum auto auctions, wheeler dealers and chasing classic cars.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
My girl friend was watching the GC last night at dinner time, I could literally feel myself getting dumber by the second.

I had to go to my room to finish my dinner, at least I could watch the next Black List episode.

I can't believe that the NZ Government funds a show that makes Maori look so freaking stupid!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
My girl friend was watching the GC last night at dinner time, I could literally feel myself getting dumber by the second.

I had to go to my room to finish my dinner, at least I could watch the next Black List episode.

I can't believe that the NZ Government funds a show that makes Maori look so freaking stupid!

Those shows like that , despite being complete guff are surprisingly popular .

Last edited: